JK Windshield Down?

Private Ryan

A few weeks ago I took the windshield down on my 2012 JK. Did anyone know this was possible? The guy at the dealership didn't!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1374424127.099027.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1374424141.098710.jpg

Drove around for 2 hours before I asked a cop if it was legal - he said no so I went home and put everything back on.
I was thinking of posting a tutorial for 2012/2013 Wranglers.

Got the idea from here (and older Wranglers) but didn't know the new one could do it. My only concern was the Bluetooth wire which I unplugged. https://youtube.com/watch?v=HQ7mSXN-5BI

Ever done it? Pics!

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
It is a bit cumbersome but it is designed to do that. The hinges on the windshield are not just for looks!
BTW, it IS legal if u have approved eye protection and two mirrors.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
A few weeks ago I took the windshield down on my 2012 JK. Did anyone know this was possible? The guy at the dealership didn't!

View attachment 40675

View attachment 40676

Drove around for 2 hours before I asked a cop if it was legal - he said no so I went home and put everything back on.
I was thinking of posting a tutorial for 2012/2013 Wranglers.

Got the idea from here (and older Wranglers) but didn't know the new one could do it. My only concern was the Bluetooth wire which I unplugged. https://youtube.com/watch?v=HQ7mSXN-5BI

Ever done it? Pics!

R U shitting me? You did not know that? I did assume it was legal to run it like that though.

Private Ryan

It is a bit cumbersome but it is designed to do that. The hinges on the windshield are not just for looks!
BTW, it IS legal if u have approved eye protection and two mirrors.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Really? I heard that Illinois requires a windshield, what about California?

BlueCopper

A windshield is not required in Illinois. Some sort of eye protection is. Could be as simple as a pair of sunglasses.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom