JK gear swap

Richaj15

I have a 2009 JK 2 door sport With 3.8V6 and Dana 44's. My question is will my friends ring and pinion gear sets out of his 2007 JK rubicon unlimited 4.10 will fit my carrier or does mine only work uo to3.73. I curently have 3.21 and a six speed.

kaptkrappy

I have a 2009 JK 2 door sport With 3.8V6 and Dana 44's. My question is will my friends ring and pinion gear sets out of his 2007 JK rubicon unlimited 4.10 will fit my carrier or does mine only work uo to3.73. I curently have 3.21 and a six speed.

A question about your front differential.

What did your front Dana 44 come out of ?

If you your front diff is a 44, it probably came out of a Rubi and the R&P would work with a new locker/carrier for 3:73 and up ratios.

On the rear diff;

No, from what I have read over the years, Rubi 44 rears diffs use a different R&P than standard rear Dana 44's and the axle lengths are different too.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, you would need a new carrier or locker but really, I wouldn't waste your time with a set of used 4.10's. Won't make much of a difference and it'll cost you a pretty penny to have installed. I would just wait until you can afford 4.88's or even 5.13's.

Top Bottom