Water leak passenger side

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I don't know if this has ever been resolved and could not find an answer on any thread. Anyway, some forum members complain they have a leak on the passenger side floor boards under their floor mat. I to have found water under my mat as well. I have not noticed my top leaking. I think it could be the a/c condensing and dripping on the floor. My wife mentioned she had bumped her foot under the dash and had water drip on her foot. I'm wondering if that might be the issue instead of a soft top leak or hard top leak. Opinions?

xflstl

I don't know if this has ever been resolved and could not find an answer on any thread. Anyway, some forum members complain they have a leak on the passenger side floor boards under their floor mat. I to have found water under my mat as well. I have not noticed my top leaking. I think it could be the a/c condensing and dripping on the floor. My wife mentioned she had bumped her foot under the dash and had water drip on her foot. I'm wondering if that might be the issue instead of a soft top leak or hard top leak. Opinions?

Pretty sure I saw another thread around here somewhere talking about this, and that its a common roof leak issue. Not sure what the fix is or was as I don't seem to see the tread at the moment, I know I have even looked at Jeeps at the dealership that had little to no miles on them and the passenger side floorboard was wet.

MNMudder

My 13' leaked from day 1, only it was the drivers side. Dealer replaced the door seal. Turns out the door seal was torn somewhere between assembly and delivery because when I took delivery she only had seven miles on her.

PilotJK

I had the same issue with mine. I had a little over an inch of water on the driver side floor. It was a bad door seal. It was fixed (replaced) by the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
There is a link on youtube that shows you where the leak is coming from. Basically if you pull back your carpet and look up in the floor boards on the side and up toward the front and by the dash, you will notice some holes. Cover them with some good tape or silicon and it is fixed. The water travels down from the firewall and driansinto the vehicle sometimes. Easy fix. If anyone has the door leaks, that is a easy fix also. The door surrounds have a sticky foam material on them, It is garbage, i pulled it all off, cleaned the surface with rubbing alcohol and bought some new sticky weather srtips for windows (it is a foam like material) and placed it on my door surrounds. The doors no longer leak at all, nice and dry.

Army_Vet

Banned
If? its an A/C problem

I have seen on "other brand's" of cars and trucks in the past; the ac condensor drip into the passenger compartment when the drain hole gets clogged.

I don't know your situation but, is it possible you were out mudding and clogged the drain hole?

When it clogs from the inside out it usually takes many years to develop, but it is possible.

I think what you need to determine is when you see it drip and what conditions are present when it happens.

Good luck... keep us updated

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I have seen on "other brand's" of cars and trucks in the past; the ac condensor drip into the passenger compartment when the drain hole gets clogged.

I don't know your situation but, is it possible you were out mudding and clogged the drain hole?

When it clogs from the inside out it usually takes many years to develop, but it is possible.

I think what you need to determine is when you see it drip and what conditions are present when it happens.

Good luck... keep us updated

I'd have to look at that. I've only been mall crawling the last few months and have not had a chance to get out.:cheesy:

Tranquillity

Yeah I have this issue as well. 2011 jku and it is the passenger door seal that seems to be the problem. I never took time to fix it but you can see it by getting in and have someone water your passenger side, you should see one or two stream at the bottom (If that is the same problem that I have)

Top Bottom