Jeeps catching up on the highway to other jeeps..

jkmadness

Well,I don't know if this is a desease or I'm the only nut out there willing to confess,but every time i get on the road if i see a jeep straight ahead i feel the need to catch up,either pass or ride in the vicinity of the other vehicle.
Is it just me ,or I just had too much American Honey ?
For those of you infected by this rare behavior feel free to confess...:eek:

JAGS

Hooked
I do it all the time and I think most other jeepers recognize it. The best was last summer about a month after getting the JK, we took a family vacation to Zion and then to sedona. Well on the way from Zion, we connected with a green lifted JKU. We were in some pretty nasty thunderstorm weather with heavy rain and crazy sidewinds. We probably traveled a good 200-300 miles together trying to get any advantage of a draft. Gave a jeep wave as I pulled off to grab a soda in one of the towns along the way.

Aeraun

I do it as well. I think I mostly do it to see their reactions and if they wave, since around where I live most Jeeps are just mall crawlers. On average I'll probably see 3,4,5 Jeeps a day and probably 1-2 wave. The Wayalife just isn't particularly appreciated where I live. But nonetheless I try to get the attention of any Jeep I see including by driving near them on the highway

loscann48

Never thought about it, but yrs I do it as well. I also go out of my way to park next to other jeeps.

Sent from my ADR6400L using WAYALIFE mobile app

Marauder

Most of the jeeps that I see here are shiny color matched rubicon mall crawlers. The women driving them scowl at you probably because you aren't driving a car 3 times what theirs cost and they can't collect the type of child support from you that that are accustomed to. The older jeeps are usually college kids who think driving and old jeep to school is cool. The modded jeeps on the other hand usually are the few that say hello.

xtremefx4

Speaking of that yesterday a guy n a rubi ran a stop sign to catch me. Then when he did he stopped n the middle of the street to ask where I got my fender flares. But I do it all the time on the freeway and n town. I wave at all other jeeps stock or not. :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

NY1982JK

You're not the only one. My girlfriend thinks I'm crazy sometimes. Mainly because of this and the fact that I'll skip a parking spot right next to the store and park several lanes away just to park next to another jeep. Sometimes she finds it funny. Sometimes she doesn't..... like when it rains lol

Well,I don't know if this is a desease or I'm the only nut out there willing to confess,but every time i get on the road if i see a jeep straight ahead i feel the need to catch up,either pass or ride in the vicinity of the other vehicle.
Is it just me ,or I just had too much American Honey ?
For those of you infected by this rare behavior feel free to confess...:eek:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jkmadness

You're not the only one. My girlfriend thinks I'm crazy sometimes. Mainly because of this and the fact that I'll skip a parking spot right next to the store and park several lanes away just to park next to another jeep. Sometimes she finds it funny. Sometimes she doesn't..... like when it rains lol
Sent from my SPH-D710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Tell her...it's a jeep thing,you wouldn't understand......:yup:

Simmons

I did it ever since I hit my first jeep I just thought its a jeep thing. I ride next to them to check out there rig even if its plain jain. And I wave at all fellow Jeepers even if they font wave back

Ldogg

I do it as well, and I have seen others around here do it. They other morning on my way to work I saw two ahead of me. I got up near them on a 3 lane road and then the two merged into one lane. At this point I moved over and all three of us were together. Then I look up and here comes two more behind me. So we rode about 10 miles down the road in a convoy of 5. Was pretty bad ass actually.

jkmadness

I do it as well, and I have seen others around here do it. They other morning on my way to work I saw two ahead of me. I got up near them on a 3 lane road and then the two merged into one lane. At this point I moved over and all three of us were together. Then I look up and here comes two more behind me. So we rode about 10 miles down the road in a convoy of 5. Was pretty bad ass actually.

Nice :thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

NY1982JK

Thats badass! Only thing I had even close to this was when I pulled up to a highway gas stop behind two other black JKU's. Guy up front was in a black JKU Rubi, next was a black JKU Modern Warfare 3 edition, then me and my black JKU Sport. All one directly behind the other at the pumps. I think I saw just about EVERYONE else at the pump gawking at us untill we pulled off. Was pretty awesome!

matt08jk

I definitely do that. Here at Fort Bragg there are a ton of modded jeeps rolling around...I find myself trying to catch up to them to see what tire/bumper/etc combo they have (trying to get ideas). I also will wave at any and every jeep. I was driving my wife's sedan the other day and wondered why the other jeeps weren't waving back to me...then I realized that Im dumb. :thinking:

LadyJeeper

I commute 3 hours a day on I-35 and sometimes catch another Jeep. About a month ago, someone in a yellow TJ caught up to me and we drove together for about 10 miles before a red JK joined the convoy! Three jeeps drove together for about 25 miles before I exited! Was super awesome. :D

Top Bottom