Coils

JKU EXTREME

I have a 3" coil spacer lift with shock extensions, and I would like to upgrade the shocks to bilstein or fox, I'm on a tight budget, I am wondering which coils, that would add between 2.5"-4" of lift would be best suited for a daily driver sitting on 33's, that rarely sees any trail action, also is it better to have a more firm coil or a softer one for a daily driver?
Thanks for reading, feedback is appreciated

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Coils and the ride they provide is 100% subjective. I prefer a softer ride and for that, I would recommend a set of EVO plush ride coils. If you prefer and firm ride, you might want to look at a set of TeraFlex coils. Having said that, 4" is A LOT of lift for just 33" tires. Heck, even 3" is way too much for 33's or, at least for me.

joelbarras20

Right now I am running the OMe 2.5" kit with 35s and it fine no rubbing, except at the rear pinch seam a little trimming and all good.

JKU EXTREME

I actually saw a 4.5" lift with 33's, that's way too much, for me a 4" is pushing my max, but for me I think 3 inch is a good lift, but I definitely respect your opinion and knowledge, thanks for the advice, I completely forgot about the Evo plush ride, thanks again

rinkishjk

I just recently switch from ome 2.5 with spacers to equal 4", to evo 4" plush coils and the ride is way better. Also switched from ome shocks to fox shocks, but the coils made a huge difference for me.

RUMMY

AEV coils ride very well and add bilstiens and its about as good as I have ever had it in a jeep .

rinkishjk

Talking about coils which brings me to a question. Whats going on with these

http://www.offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO-1038

I do plan on upgrading to higher coils but I also look into better shocks along with smaller upgrades.

Those are rockstars. They go in place of your stock rear lower shock mount, raising it giving your axle more droop.
I have them, and there is alot of grinding involved, but worth it in the end. I bent my stock rear lower arm mount first time wheeling, so I got these and haven't had a problem since.

Top Bottom