Going to Texas! Things to do?

NY1982JK

Hey guys! Just had a quick question for anyone familiar with Northern Texas. I'm driving down to Wichita Falls, TX this Friday from NJ for a training course. My girlfriend will be flying into Dallas to meet me next weekend and I would love to find some things to do around the area. I only have two days really so would love to stick in the general vicinity of Dallas/Ft. Worth. But up to and including a 3hr drive or so is not out of the question. I'm kinda beyond the whole touristy Zoo and Aquarium deal. Being from NY/NJ area I would love to find something "Texan" to check out. Something you wouldn't find in a "visitdallas.com" type site. She has never been out of the north east really so I would really be appreciative of any advice on cool places to eat and check out. Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Kneece

There's always the JFK memorial. Ranger game, trail riding in Bridgeport, Mesquite Rodeo and or Texas BBQ!!

Sent by Pony Express

NY1982JK

Will do. Just curious. When you mentioned trail riding in Bridgeport. Are you referring to a big ass area North West of Bridgeport just west of 101? Was just scoping google maps and saw it.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Last edited:

Kneece

Will do. Just curious. When you mentioned trail riding in Bridgeport. Are you referring to a big ass area North West of Bridgeport just west of 101? Was just scoping google maps and saw it.

Yep. That's the spot. And Ft. Worth would be a good place to check out too.

Sent by Pony Express

Kneece

Google Bridgeport OHV park.

Sent by Pony Express

Speeddmn

I was stationed in Wichita Falls for almost 5 years. Couple of things that might peak your interest is in Waurika, OK they do a rattle snake round up. Forget the time of year, but is always fun! Rent some guns and go hog hunting! Hit up some local drag races! Eat at the Branding Iron in WF, its some awesome BBQ!! Tons of great bass fishing in the area, Ft Worth is a great city for night life. OKC is also cool, and can visit the OKC bombing memorial.

Not alot of public land to play on, tons and tons of private land. Bridgeport OHV area is pretty sweet.

billybob990

Ill tell you one thing you should really do and that's wear your seat belt! I was there for two days and was pulled over twice for not having it on. I only got written warnings but just wear it to be safe. ( from the ticket and a wreck lol )

I'd rather be fishing...

Jeepmaverick

Based on your signature I'd say get out on lake texoma with a guide and get some stripers. Lake fork has good reports this year too. If you're still in the area Friday, there is a local car show every Friday night with BBQ and whataburger(right next door) on little road in Arlington. Drive by the grease monkey in Dallas(from the show fast n loud on discovery channel)

Top Bottom