Flip Kits??

Smokumace

Just destroyed my steering stabilizer on the Rubicon. Running 35s with 5:13 looking to go to 37s. Terra Flex 3" with flat fenders. And terra flex adjustable track bar on stock 44. Some day going to upgrade. But getting advice all over the map looking for some bros input. I did read on here don't need stabilizer? Ball joint upgrade for sure/ tie rod? Drag link ? Flip kit? And if so what brand? Its a daily driver and I drive to wheel. Thanks to all wayalife bros

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Regarding the question in your title, with TF 3" coils, you'll get about 4"+ of total lift and yes, I would recommend that you install something like an EVO drag link flip/front track bar relocation bracket to help correct your steering geometry. With this alone, you won't really need to get an adjustable front track bar and I personally would just keep running the factory track bar.

As far as what you read about not needing a steering stabilizer, I think you read that out of context. You should run a steering stabilizer and really, a ram assist if you're running 37's or bigger but, so long as everything is dialed in, one isn't really needed to help prevent things like death wobble.

Ball joints will be needed eventually but, I would wait to get them until you do need them. They are pricy but, I would recommend Dynatrac ProSteers as they are the best you can get and will be the last set you will ever need. I would also give the Currie tie rod a look. It too is pricy but, about the best you can get.

JKbrick

After putting on a lift but before replacing the stabilizer I had "flighty" steering IMO. Didn't really care for it but it was def not death wobble.

Smokumace

Ok thanks what about a beefed up drag link? It already has the adjustable track bars but that shouldn't it was just not need right?

Smokumace

I thought for sure on the 7 hour drive home I might have some issues but nothing. Very very slight vibration I did put in a 1310 front before I left

JK's JK

Banned
Regarding the question in your title, with TF 3" coils, you'll get about 4"+ of total lift and yes, I would recommend that you install something like an EVO drag link flip/front track bar relocation bracket to help correct your steering geometry. With this alone, you won't really need to get an adjustable front track bar and I personally would just keep running the factory track bar.

As far as what you read about not needing a steering stabilizer, I think you read that out of context. You should run a steering stabilizer and really, a ram assist if you're running 37's or bigger but, so long as everything is dialed in, one isn't really needed to help prevent things like death wobble.

Ball joints will be needed eventually but, I would wait to get them until you do need them. They are pricy but, I would recommend Dynatrac ProSteers as they are the best you can get and will be the last set you will ever need. I would also give the Currie tie rod a look. It too is pricy but, about the best you can get.

You should run a steering stabilizer and really, a ram assist if you're running 37's or bigger

Explain this one a little bit for me please? I plan on going 4.5"/37" (currently at 3.5) and from what this is saying there is going to be some issues!!!! Along with flip kits and a bunch of cr@p.......(Now I wonder if I have this flip kit already(Out of town so no jeep to see)!!!!!!)

Spartan

I would snag a used one for cheap when someone "upgrades" theirs and save the money for something else. :twocents:

That's what I did when I destroyed mine, and worked just fine. I was trying to save money at the time because I messed up my tie rod on the same trail. Got a stock stabilizer for like $10 for someone upgrading theirs, and got an RK HD tie rod.

Rob

You should run a steering stabilizer and really, a ram assist if you're running 37's or bigger

Explain this one a little bit for me please? I plan on going 4.5"/37" (currently at 3.5) and from what this is saying there is going to be some issues!!!! Along with flip kits and a bunch of cr@p.......(Now I wonder if I have this flip kit already(Out of town so no jeep to see)!!!!!!)

37's (or bigger) can be a bitch to turn with sock steering. Especially aired down in rocks. So the ram makes it easier to steer. It also takes a lot of the stress off the gear box and puts it straight to the tie rod.

AZDIESELPIG

My first post here but I ll just jump right in!

I have a 2013 2 door Jeep that I installed a RE 3.5" lift, but I had ACOS adjustable coil paers up front and the shop left the 3/4" spacer in the rear from the budget boost. So probably closer to 4.5" now.

I looked at the EVO setup on the EVO site but I didnt see a price or BUY button?

My question is will I have to take the RE adjustable track bar off and install the OEM TB or can I keep the adjustable track bar with the EVO kit.

Top Bottom