Rubicon Trail

msk466

Hey wayalifers, need some help. A group of us from Long Island New York would like to run the Rubicon Trail in August of 2015. We just started planning. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Webe

2015? Talk about planning ahead. If you want more peeps let me know. I'd love to do that trail.

msk466

2015? Talk about planning ahead. If you want more peeps let me know. I'd love to do that trail.

Ton of planning Webe, it's well Over 5,000 round trip. We don't know if we're going to auto train it or drive yet. I'll keep you posted!!!

2rescue01

Is the month of August set in stone? Most of the SoCal, Central Cal, and NorCal runs will be in late June, or early July (when it hasn't gotten too hot). I'm sure you could easily combine with one of those groups, and have a blast! Either way, make sure your plans don't conflict with the Jeepers Jamboree, or you will have to pay big bucks to get on the trail during that time.

jeremey

Jeepers Jamboree runs that trail a couple of weeks in August so check their calendar on their website or you may show up when the trail is closed.

I know in 2 years this will be a distant memory so be sure to repost. I would like to tag a long.

I too have been trying to figure out how to get out west from Florida. Once you figure out if where the auto train stops please post up. I know going from Sanford, FL to Moab is a 3 day trip and $1600 or so.

R/
Will

JKbrick

Subscribed, I think if you drive it you would come through Indiana and I could possibly meet up. It's a bucket list item of mine to get out west

MC2003TJ

Build your rig for war. I first ran the Rubicon 13 years ago and it really kicked our butts. Ran it again a couple of weeks ago solo with my sons and we did really well. We didn't take any of the bypasses and ran the little sluice. I could have run the whole trail in one day but decided to camp in rubicon springs. It is a beautiful trail. When 2015 comes around I may run it again. There is a nice camp ground on the north shore of loon lake first come no reservations. Left my tow vehicle there with no issues. You should spend time out here and run the Dusy ershim trail also. Maybe see the red wood trees and sequoia trees and Yosemite.

Top Bottom