Project-JK RAW Video : EVO 1 on Axle Alley Florence Junction Arizona

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Axle Alley is one of the most challenging trails in the Florence Junction area of Arizona and really, a trail that you typically only find buggies on. Over the weekend, Mel Wade of Off Road Evolution drove his 4-door Jeep JK Wrangler out to this trail from his home in Southern California, took it on and then drove it all the way back home. In this Project-JK RAW video clip, you'll get to see EVO 1 conquering this near vertical dry waterfall that stands about 8 feet tall. Check it out...

jktubby

you guys definately need to come to elpaso/las cruces area and try the water falls here!! :thumb:

GCM 2

you guys definately need to come to elpaso/las cruces area and try the water falls here!! :thumb:
I was actually just researching the Chile Challenge for next year. I would love to hit the trails around that area! Hell, maybe I could even hang off of EVO1's stinger again to get him up and over some of your area's waterfalls!

Last edited:

jktubby

tell me about it, I just wish my jeep was as great as all of yours. I'd love to hit the trails with you guys if you all ever do come. One day i hope to have my jeep up to all your guy's level. I wouldnt mind be a hood ornament for evo1 or evojeep to help with front weight :thumb:. Here's a video of one of the waterfalls for the chile challenge. Hopefully eddie doesnt mind if i post it, if he does by all means he may delete it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWlvEz_FWqM

Indefatigable

I was actually just researching the Chile Challenge for next year. I would love to hit the trails around that area! Hell, maybe I could even hang off of EVO1's stinger again to get him up and over some of your area's waterfalls!

There was talk of the end of Chile Challenge. Land issues et al. I was out with some Huffs this summer, they seem to be pillars of the 4wd community in Las Cruses.

If the event does not happen, but you still want to play hard, I could probably put you in touch with Fred.

MTG

Caught the Bug
jktubby said:
tell me about it, I just wish my jeep was as great as all of yours. I'd love to hit the trails with you guys if you all ever do come. One day i hope to have my jeep up to all your guy's level. I wouldnt mind be a hood ornament for evo1 or evojeep to help with front weight :thumb:. Here's a video of one of the waterfalls for the chile challenge. Hopefully eddie doesnt mind if i post it, if he does by all means he may delete it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWlvEz_FWqM

Sweet video! Thanks for posting. He made it look easy.

jktubby

There was talk of the end of Chile Challenge. Land issues et al. I was out with some Huffs this summer, they seem to be pillars of the 4wd community in Las Cruses.

If the event does not happen, but you still want to play hard, I could probably put you in touch with Fred.

Man i hope this doesnt happen, i barely got my jeep and i havent even been able to get out to las cruces to try out the trails.

MTG your welcome. :thumb:

GCM 2

Man, I have been wanting to wheel out in that area for years, it would suck if this gets closed down too. I will definitely coordinate something if I can get down there to visit some friends and do some wheeling. Thanks for chiming in :thumb:

jktubby

Man, I have been wanting to wheel out in that area for years, it would suck if this gets closed down too. I will definitely coordinate something if I can get down there to visit some friends and do some wheeling. Thanks for chiming in :thumb:

If you do come down let me know. I would love to meet you guys, there is another trail out in elpaso called juando pass. Youtube it and you can see some videos of it. Not as extreme as the waterfalls in las cruces, but still fun.

GCM 2

If you do come down let me know. I would love to meet you guys, there is another trail out in elpaso called juando pass. Youtube it and you can see some videos of it. Not as extreme as the waterfalls in las cruces, but still fun.

You got it :thumb:

Tackerdown

Banned
That was a really good day we all had in Florence Junction :thumb:
The more I see with you guise doing these trails the more I change my mind on the end product of my jeep. I went from wanting a BB lift with 34's to defiantly full blown lift with at least 37's. I can't wait till my bike is paid off :banghead:

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Mel always makes it look so easy. Of course I guess he did have a little help from GCM2. :clap2:

Was Mel the only one to go up? How long of a drive was that for just one waterfall?

Really cool! :thumb:

GCM 2

Mel always makes it look so easy. Of course I guess he did have a little help from GCM2. :clap2:

Was Mel the only one to go up? How long of a drive was that for just one waterfall?

Really cool! :thumb:

Project JK's video gallery has the full length (maybe 7-10minutes) video of that weekend. All four rigs made it up, only two had to go on the winch line to get up, and Mel literally pulled my rig up by hand. Eddie and Dave's rigs probably could have made it up the same way too. Worth watching the video! You will see we ran about 70 miles of hardcore trails in two days. Very easy to do when all drivers are in almost identical rigs and are pretty skilled.

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-videos/video-florence-arizona-fun-run-highlights

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Project JK's video gallery has the full length (maybe 7-10minutes) video of that weekend. All four rigs made it up, only two had to go on the winch line to get up, and Mel literally pulled my rig up by hand. Eddie and Dave's rigs probably could have made it up the same way too. Worth watching the video! You will see we ran about 70 miles of hardcore trails in two days. Very easy to do when all drivers are in almost identical rigs and are pretty skilled.

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-videos/video-florence-arizona-fun-run-highlights

That was awesome! What a beautiful area. That made me cringe when you slipped into that rock. I did laugh out loud when you made that crack about Eddie though. Karma gotcha.. lol :D

Who knew Mel was such a great winch point? :shock:

Those were truly some tough trails!

GCM 2

That was awesome! What a beautiful area. That made me cringe when you slipped into that rock. I did laugh out loud when you made that crack about Eddie though. Karma gotcha.. lol :D

Who knew Mel was such a great winch point? :shock:

Those were truly some tough trails!

Not the first time I have had rock rash, and it certainly won't be the last. It's all fixed now!

Attachments

• image-3259019806.jpg
    image-3259019806.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 131

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Not the first time I have had rock rash, and it certainly won't be the last. It's all fixed now!

Looking good! Nice and clean again too!

Whats up with the large rag being tied to the tire carriers? I have seen that before but never thought to ask.

GCM 2

Looking good! Nice and clean again too!

Whats up with the large rag being tied to the tire carriers? I have seen that before but never thought to ask.

That is so we can adhere to rule of "leave it cleaner than you found it". It's just a sack for your trash, or other peoples. The time honored old school versions are just an old burlap sack, but I like the newer mesh laundry/dive bags!

Top Bottom