Swing out

Spartan

Would this style of swing out cause the same problems as having your tire mounted on the gate? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1375569477.192892.jpg

StrizzyChris

Nope! It has brackets that attaches to the stock tailgate hinge, but doesn't attach to the tailgate at all. Its my second favorite carrier, behind EVO's, but is nice because it does not require rear skins to be installed :thumb:

Edit: it also comes in aluminium if your also looking to shed some weight

Last edited:

Millerj87

Not sure but I like it! ..... You could always weld it to a steel bumper with a hinge and a lock just my two cents

Sent from my iPhone on the west coast of florida

Tranquillity

No, the spare attaches to it and it attaches to the body at the hinges and on the quarter panel. By its design, the load would be distributed and not damage your tailgate.

I think I'm going for a carrier like this. Do you have any suggestion wich should I go with ? I thought about the Or Fab since I don't plan going bigger than 35".

daltexjeeper

I am leaning towards the OR-FAB carrier myself. Everyone who owns one seems to say it is sturdy and does its job very well. One thing to consider is whether or not you want the Rotopax version or not. I don't like how far it sticks out, so I am most likely going to go with the one that sits closer to the body for better departure angles. The Genright and Evo carrier are awesome, but like you I never plan on going bigger than 37's, so it is overkill...on my wallet too.

xflstl

I am looking at going with this carrier in aluminum to shed weight plus the fact that my current one is holding a 42" and is only rated for up to a 40".

Spartan

I am leaning towards the OR-FAB carrier myself. Everyone who owns one seems to say it is sturdy and does its job very well. One thing to consider is whether or not you want the Rotopax version or not. I don't like how far it sticks out, so I am most likely going to go with the one that sits closer to the body for better departure angles. The Genright and Evo carrier are awesome, but like you I never plan on going bigger than 37's, so it is overkill...on my wallet too.

I kind of like the OR-FAB carrier with the Rotopax, but I agree I would rather have a better departure angle. Also I kind of like the long Rotopax like Eddie has more then the 2 small ones.

Top Bottom