Safari top

Smizar

I finally pulled the trigger on a safari top for my 08 2 dr.. Nice not to have a full top but really not pleased with how the smittybilt top fits..

socalrubi

Smizar said:
I finally pulled the trigger on a safari top for my 08 2 dr.. Nice not to have a full top but really not pleased with how the smittybilt top fits..

Yeah I have a soft top from them on my TJ and it leaks around the doors...and I have a harder time with the back window zipper a lot also..

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
when i still had a cj7, i ran a bestop bikini with straps and liked it a lot. i just wish the tops they made for the 4-door JK was just as nice :rolleyes2:

RedRockIt

wayoflife said:
when i still had a cj7, i ran a bestop bikini with straps and liked it a lot. i just wish the tops they made for the 4-door JK was just as nice :rolleyes2:

Not to hijack the thread. But on the topic of tops... WOL do you plan on getting a trektop for RubiCat?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not to hijack the thread. But on the topic of tops... WOL do you plan on getting a trektop for RubiCat?

honestly, i don't know. i love the look of the trektops but, the newer factory cable top soft tops are just so awesome it's made making that decision a bit tougher.

Smizar

Well it's been less than a week and the smittybilt top is crap..it flaps like crazy in the back and when I tried to tighten it up the buckle snapped.. It's going back and the best top is on its way..
I've always has best tops on my CJs but thought I'd save some cash and try the smittybilt, also it was all they had in stock.. Lesson learned

Top Bottom