My other JK is....

RedRockIt

Well I love my JK so much that I am thinking about getting another one...

Anybody else own 2 JK's? I have a 2012 JKU and we are about to buy a Grand Cherokee for the wife.

I want a second JK so I can do a different type of build. And also cut down on all the miles that I commute to and from work.

Should I consider a 2 door since I already own a JKU?

ichthus

We've got a pair. Both are 08's.

Actually, I convinced my wife to get hers first, a black JKU. She insisted on 4 doors and an auto since it would be more "child friendly". I drove her Liberty for 6 months before the need for a manual and the right to be included in Jeep waves led me to a TJ. 6 months after that I traded for one of the last 08 JK's with a manual in the quad-state area. Now we're about ready to replace hers with a 12.

I do get better fuel economy in mine (about 19-21 with mixed driving), but both of ours are lightly modded daily drivers. Personally, I like the size and performance of my JK better. It's easier to remove top & doors, much quicker, and the shorter wheelbase provides a ride that puts our baby to sleep much quicker than the smooth JKU :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
we got 3 JK's, two 4-doors and one 2-door that we're building up and will sell to help out a friend. the JK is just so nice and the 2012's even more so than i could have ever imagined they could be and i'd have a hard time getting anything else. :cool:

RedRockIt

wayoflife said:
we got 3 JK's, two 4-doors and one 2-door that we're building up and will sell to help out a friend. the JK is just so nice and the 2012's even more so than i could have ever imagined they could be and i'd have a hard time getting anything else. :cool:

WOL. If you were to buy a second 2012 would it be another 4 door? Also would you consider another auto or a manual?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
WOL. If you were to buy a second 2012 would it be another 4 door? Also would you consider another auto or a manual?

i really love the 4-door and would definitely get another. if you have kids or even a dog, the JK 2-door is just so much of a PITA to get them in the back. in fact, i honestly don't know why jeep did away with the fold and tumble passenger seat that they used to have in the TJ's.

as far as transmissions go, i'm real happy with my 2007 with its 6-speed but, on the 2012's, the auto tranny does offer better performance than the old 6-speed and so, i would probably get another auto.

RedRockIt

No more tumble seat?? Wow. Surprised an confused?

Well I do have dogs and now have a kid on the way. So I guess the best bet is another 4 door auto.

This time a rubi tho!

Top Bottom