Stock steering stabilizer length

MTG

Caught the Bug
After a few months without my SS, I figure I should probably get around to putting it back on. :doh:

Can someone take a minute and measure the distance (eye to eye) for the stock SS as mounted?

Thanks!!

MTG

Caught the Bug
Sweet! Thanks guys...very much appreciated!

Wait that took 5 minutes. Is this when I start ranting about how useless this site is and how everyone is a bunch of fanboys? :crazyeyes:

JK's JK

Banned
Stupid question. I've got a little, very small shock for my steering stabilizer. I'm wondering what others are running and not to expensive either? My last jeep had a Rancho 5000 in place but don't know what the best method to the madness is.

Stupid question. I've got a little, very small shock for my steering stabilizer. I'm wondering what others are running and not to expensive either? My last jeep had a Rancho 5000 in place but don't know what the best method to the madness is.

OEM is more than enough...

andrew-

Skid_Kid

Wait that took 5 minutes. Is this when I start ranting about how useless this site is and how everyone is a bunch of fanboys? :crazyeyes:

No you bitch cause one is stock, one is Bilstein and one is on a relocation bracket. Then you call us all fanboys for jumping to the gun to help out a post count member, wait for Eddie, Overlander and GCM to back you up! Lmao!

How was driving without the SS anyways?

Sent from my PRC-119

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug

Yes but you have to mention EVO specific fanboys otherwise Eddie doesn't get that magical money to appear. ;)

Sharkey

Word Ninja
No you bitch cause one is stock, one is Bilstein and one is on a relocation bracket. Then you call us all fanboys for jumping to the gun to help out a post count member, wait for Eddie, Overlander and GCM to back you up! Lmao!

I drove it about 60-90 miles on the freeway, wheeled it for several hours on a bunch of different terrain, then drove back home on the freeway. Never realized the stabilizer was off until MTG said so a few weeks later. :thumb:

If your suspension is setup correctly, you really don't NEED a stabilzer.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug

Mine is still the stock SS also and no issues with 37s.

MTG

Caught the Bug

Sent from my PRC-119

Sorry, I had to send multiple PMs and texts out before I got the go ahead and key words to include in my reply. :cheesy:

Honestly, Kunckels drives so good that I didn't even know it wasn't there. :thumb: I think it's been off since March or April!

I found the SS tierod bracket that I had to buy over the weekend and remembered that I had never got around to putting it back on. Now I just have to find the OEM SS in my garage. :doh:

Mine is pretty banged up so I am going to relocate it above the tierod and onto the trackbar relocation bracket as well. Just got to figure out a spacer...which will probably consist of something high-tech like a longer grade 8 bolt and some washers. :idontknow:

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Just got to figure out a spacer...which will probably consist of something high-tech like a longer grade 8 bolt and some washers. :idontknow:

I just happened to have a 1/8" thick washer laying around and used that. It was the perfect size.

I had to put my tierod clamp at a bit of an angle otherwise the trackbar bracket side wanted to pull itself off the bushing. You might be able to tell in the pic.

Top Bottom