Aftermarket Tie Rod and 15" wheels

aaronstephen

Does anyone have any experience with fitting an aftermarket tie rod with 15" wheels? Needing some help on figuring this one out. Thanks

RockyJk

You have steel or aluminum wheels?? I believe the synergy tie rod fits with steel wheels

Briguy114

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that the material with which the wheels are made has any effect on whether or not a tie rod will fit. Maybe the backspacing of the wheel has something to do with it

aaronstephen

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that the material with which the wheels are made has any effect on whether or not a tie rod will fit. Maybe the backspacing of the wheel has something to do with it

I didn't think so. But I'm the one asking for the expertise. So I really have no idea.

Army_Vet

Banned
Alum has to be thicker

The same wheel with the same back spacing one in steel and the one with Aluminum will have slight differences with clearance issues do to the thickness of the material. Im not an expert with what the OP is asking but I have seen this happen before with Aluminium wheels

Last edited:

RockyJk

I don't think so either when I did research on this tho most then people having problems with it hitting were the ones with aluminum wheels bet that's due to backspacing

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The real problem lies in the size of the TRE that some aftermarket tie rods have. For instance, the Currie TRE's are massive, way beefier and stronger than a synergy or moog and you would definitely have issues with a 15" wheel whether it be steel or aluminum. You may have issues with the others as well but I can't say for sure. The type of metal used can make a difference as most aluminum wheels tend to be thicker.

Army_Vet

Banned
The real problem lies in the size of the TRE that some aftermarket tie rods have. For instance, the Currie TRE's are massive, way beefier and stronger than a synergy or moog and you would definitely have issues with a 15" wheel whether it be steel or aluminum. You may have issues with the others as well but I can't say for sure. The type of metal used can make a difference as most aluminum wheels tend to be thicker.

Yes I didnt even want to get into that side of it....:asshat: Hahahhaahahaha! I wanted to use the new emotocon

dis_dis

Banned
I have 15" soft 8s and Synergy tie rod and it fits but there is literally no room left on either side. But it fits :)

Top Bottom