Call of duty

ichthus

I had read that turn-key Brutes would be offered @ select dealers for $6x,xxx-$110,000, depending on options. I thought the base was $62k, but based on your numbers plus a stripped new JKU it'd start @ about 70

Prime8

ichthus said:
I had read that turn-key Brutes would be offered @ select dealers for $6x,xxx-$110,000, depending on options. I thought the base was $62k, but based on your numbers plus a stripped new JKU it'd start @ about 70

Nope. There was a nice new Sahara tan brute at the dealership here. $51k. Sold for $49k. The 2dr brute kit is about $15k added to the sticker of the jeep. It sat around for a long time because it was on a lot with hemi-equipped 4dr Rams for the same price. A woman finally bought it for her son for his graduation... Talk about more money than sense... Even with my jeep allegiance, I'd go with the 4dr Ford Raptor for $50k. About twice the HP, twice the interior space, twice the bed space, etc... The brute is cool, but it is wildly overpriced. Compare it to the old Jeep Comanche pickup. Not much different, but probably at least twice as expensive. If the Comanche couldn't survive at half the cost and with the 4.0 engine (quite possibly the best engine in history!), the brute will never make it...

ichthus

The 2-doors trucks are considered JK-8's, the Brute is the 4-door package. I'll never call it a good deal.

I'd also sooner invest in something bigger. Power Wagon or a Cummins 2500.

Prime8

ichthus said:
The 2-doors trucks are considered JK-8's, the Brute is the 4-door package. I'll never call it a good deal.

I'd also sooner invest in something bigger. Power Wagon or a Cummins 2500.

Gotcha. Still can't see an extra set of doors adding over $50k to the price of the jk-8, as was implied above.

ichthus

Well, it's a lot more than doors. The Brute gets its frame stretched by 20 or 30 inches and a true detached truck bed, not like the Scrambler-ish integrated bed of the JK-8. Also, that extra $50k is getting sunk into big $ mods; 392 crate engine, tranny, axles, etc...all performed in house by AEV.

Prime8

ichthus said:
Well, it's a lot more than doors. The Brute gets its frame stretched by 20 or 30 inches and a true detached truck bed, not like the Scrambler-ish integrated bed of the JK-8. Also, that extra $50k is getting sunk into big $ mods; 392 crate engine, tranny, axles, etc...all performed in house by AEV.

Wow, ok. I stand corrected! Didn't know they would be putting so much into it. Figured it would be more of a body package like the jk-8. Although, I think I read somewhere that all of those "big $ mods" would be using sets of overpriced relocation brackets to bolt on to the existing wrangler body/frame...? Haha.
Thanks for the info! Still think a 4dr Raptor would be a better investment at that price though.

ichthus

Yeah, the guy dropping $65k-$110 on a Brute wants a 7-slot grill, a vehicle he'll never see someone else driving, and has crazy $ to burn.

To be honest, you'd be better comparing the Brute to other cottage industry vehicles like those ICON CJ3-B's, Broncos, and FJ's. Price, capability and exclusivity are much closer matched.

Top Bottom