2013 SEMA G2 CORE 44 Axles

sunnysideup

I just couldn't get any price quotes from anyone ... anywhere near that price... you must of had good freinds... and to ship it accross the country for you for free... that was hard to find as well.

Lol! I'm here. I got my pr44 with 5.13's, Arb, 4340 chromoly inner shafts, and stock ball joints for $4500 from ORE and dynatrac built it.

From the place... where I buy 80% of my parts....

housing 2300
locker 1000
ring and pinion 600
axles 650
flange 110
ball joints 250
shipping 300
Labor and assembly to stuff it all together 400
closer to 6000
for me...

glad you go a great deal!

sunnysideup

Why don't you post in the for sale section instead of taking over a thread from 2 years ago just to push your own interests??? That would've been the right thing to do from the start.

I'm the only guy wanting to actually own and report on a build with a core 44 on a core 44 thread and I'm looking after my own interests LOL!!! LOL!!

Sorry! for posting a core 44 information thread in a thread about core 44...

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I just couldn't get any price quotes from anyone ... anywhere near that price... you must of had good freinds... and to ship it accross the country for you for free... that was hard to find as well.

housing 2300
locker 1000
ring and pinion 600
axles 650
flange 110
ball joints 250
shipping 300
Labor and assembly t ostuff it all together 400
closer to 6000
for me...

glad you got a great deal!

Yea that's a joke. Honestly shop around a bit. You can get MUCH better deals than what they are trying to sell you. Also if they are a special vendor for g2 then they are able to sell it at a lower price because then it makes them look better and they will get a better return on it.

sunnysideup

Yea that's a joke. Honestly shop around a bit. You can get MUCH better deals than what they are trying to sell you. Also if they are a special vendor for g2 then they are able to sell it at a lower price because then it makes them look better and they will get a better return on it.

Well... I did not mention who I purchased from, but I had to get my price over the phone, it's not advertised that cheap... and most of the time they won't exclude the shipping charge on a full axle. so the 4024 I paid was less than what they site offered by about 700 dollars. So if you don't call... you might not get a good price on this axle either.

sunnysideup

Tonight I'm going to start turning wrenches... I mostly work alone... and I always clean, grease, and paint everything before I install it... so it takes me a long time, but all of the work on my JK that I've had since 2009... besides setting up gears... has been done myself in a small garage.

If this is the wrong place for this thread... moderators are free to move it where it needs to be.

Besides including the price, I will include time, frustrations, things that are mis-fitted, bad welds, horrible noises... anything that really comes up.

If you don't like me or the post... feel free to comment... but I'm going to be too busy to respond for a weekend of so... and if you look at my post count... I don't normally get into the tit-for tat... stuff.... Just a comment here of there.

I think this might be of interest to someone. Hey I'm doing my best.... my rear axle is not a 60 either... and I only run 35's (but might think about 37's some day with this front axle)... the rear is a rubicon axle and locker with 10factory chrome moly... (came with the jeep when ordered) .

I have ran trails in about 7 or 8 states... and somehow never broke a dana 30... usally by using my rear locker and not stepping on the skinny pedal. But I have found that I am facing trails now, that I think will ask too much for the 30 right now. This next year our group is planning on running the Rubicon, and Holy Cross... plus some difficult new trails we found locally. I'm also a snow-bug... I love crashing into snow... that will spell death for my 30 if I keep it up.

I got no dog in the fight... just gonna try to give you guys some pics of the core 44 up close.

If you want any pics of anything in particular about the axle... feel free to ask.

It will have stock hubs, and knuckles... and I'm running a tatton front shaft. factory rear still (second one). Rock krawler 4 inch mid-arm lift, King shocks, and the jeep came also with the rubicon sway bar disconnect which I will be using, I have the northridge sway bar end links to adjust it out. I have all synergy tie rod/drag link... Clayton track bar... fox 2.0 stabilizer.

My next post will have pics! Sorry if I offended anyone with my remarks... just thought this would be a good place for the topic.

Last edited:

thardy

Banned
Tonight I'm going to start turning wrenches... I mostly work alone... and I always clean, grease, and paint everything before I install it... so it takes me a long time, but all of the work on my JK that I've had since 2009... besides setting up gears... has been done myself in a small garage.

If this is the wrong place for this thread... moderators are free to move it where it needs to be.

Besides including the price, I will include time, frustrations, things that are mis-fitted, bad welds, horrible noises... anything that really comes up.

If you don't like me or the post... feel free to comment... but I'm going to be too busy to respond for a weekend of so... and if you look at my post count... I don't normally get into the tit-for tat... stuff.... Just a comment here of there.

I think this might be of interest to someone. Hey I'm doing my best.... my rear axle is not a 60 either... and I only run 35's (but might think about 37's some day with this front axle)... the rear is a rubicon axle and locker with 10factory chrome moly... (came with the jeep when ordered) .

I have ran trails in about 7 or 8 states... and somehow never broke a dana 30... usally by using my rear locker and not stepping on the skinny pedal. But I have found that I am facing trails now, that I think will ask too much for the 30 right now. This next year our group is planning on running the Rubicon, and Holy Cross... plus some difficult new trails we found locally. I'm also a snow-bug... I love crashing into snow... that will spell death for my 30 if I keep it up.

I got no dog in the fight... just gonna try to give you guys some pics of the core 44 up close.

If you want any pics of anything in particular about the axle... feel free to ask.

It will have stock hubs, and knuckles... and I'm running a tatton front shaft. factory rear still (second one). Rock krawler 4 inch mid-arm lift, King shocks, and the jeep came also with the rubicon sway bar disconnect which I will be using, I have the northridge sway bar end links to adjust it out. I have all synergy tie rod/drag link... Clayton track bar... fox 2.0 stabilizer.

My next post will have pics! Sorry if I offended anyone with my remarks... just thought this would be a good place for the topic.

This is not the place for your build. You should post up in the Jeep Tech section to dialogue your install. This thread was posted to showcase the axle from SEMA back in 2013.

thardy

Banned

housing 2300
locker 1000
ring and pinion 600
axles 650
flange 110
ball joints 250
shipping 300
Labor and assembly to stuff it all together 400
closer to 6000
for me...

glad you go a great deal!

Just priced up a PR44 from Northridge website, no discount, with ARB, ProSteer Ball Joints, 5.13s, 1350 yoke, reusing stock knuckles, and RCVs. Price, WITHOUT any discount was $5,247.95. So you shopped around huh?

sunnysideup

This is not the place for your build. You should post up in the Jeep Tech section to dialogue your install. This thread was posted to showcase the axle from SEMA back in 2013.

I asume you mean... "jeep Build" section... The description of the "off road general tech" does not look to be the right spot to post this either?

Or should it go in the JK section???? since this is not about a mutli-project build?

I'll put a note here... and start it wherever it should be... :idontknow:

sunnysideup

Just priced up a PR44 from Northridge website, no discount, with ARB, ProSteer Ball Joints, 5.13s, 1350 yoke, reusing stock knuckles, and RCVs. Price, WITHOUT any discount was $5,247.95. So you shopped around huh?

This is assembled and shipped price?

I don't do gears....

sunnysideup

Well... the project is done.

still ended up being into the project for about 3000 in the end.

Price as set up and delivered was 4000...
sold the dana 30 on ebay for 1350 (plus they paid shipping so it was like 1689)
The clayton track bar I had was hiting the larger housing... so I had to find a good one to clear it, and went with metalcloak. that broght it back up closer to 3000 for whole project.

Labor was free... since I did the work alone. Took me three hours to drop it and remove the old... about 8 to put it in, but I cleaned and painted all the aprts, put in all new boots on trac bar etc... new u-joints in drivesahft... all of it looks great now... until the first mud trip... :idontknow:

A couple of "hicups"... I re-enforced my track bar mount years ago and it is about 1/2 inch wider than stock... this hit the corner of the drivers side spring pad mount... a little grinding on both peices and it is all good. My rock krawler arms were too tight for the bolts through the lower control arms.. had to drill them out...because the stock bolts are too short. everything bolted up square. The track bar hit the top of the cover... three things that had to be fixed to move freely throughout all of the axle movement without noise!

I got the track bar set, and the toe in set... and it steers as well as stock... no bump steer, no death wobble, etc.... been driving on it for over a month... no problems at this point. Still have not wired up the locker... was trying to use stock relay... and switch, still might... but my garage has my sons broken truck in it, and it's been ice and snowing outside... so I have not finished that last task yet! Had to get a tranny rebuilt... so the project stalled. The jeep is a daily driver and has 1200 miles on the axle now... no problems. phone pics 2015 167.jpg Again my apologies that this information was in the wrong spot... or not what everyone wanted to see. It seems to be well built. P.S.... that screw in the top was added because of the clayton bar hitting the bolthead as well... the regular bolt is back in and clears fine!

Last edited:

PJF14

Thanks for the write up...I've been looking into the G2.

Well... the project is done.

still ended up being into the project for about 3000 in the end.

Price as set up and delivered was 4000...
sold the dana 30 on ebay for 1350 (plus they paid shipping so it was like 1689)
The clayton track bar I had was hiting the larger housing... so I had to find a good one to clear it, and went with metalcloak. that broght it back up closer to 3000 for whole project.

Labor was free... since I did the work alone. Took me three hours to drop it and remove the old... about 8 to put it in, but I cleaned and painted all the aprts, put in all new boots on trac bar etc... new u-joints in drivesahft... all of it looks great now... until the first mud trip... :idontknow:

A couple of "hicups"... I re-enforced my track bar mount years ago and it is about 1/2 inch wider than stock... this hit the corner of the drivers side spring pad mount... a little grinding on both peices and it is all good. My rock krawler arms were too tight for the bolts through the lower control arms.. had to drill them out...because the stock bolts are too short. everything bolted up square. The track bar hit the top of the cover... three things that had to be fixed to move freely throughout all of the axle movement without noise!

I got the track bar set, and the toe in set... and it steers as well as stock... no bump steer, no death wobble, etc.... been driving on it for over a month... no problems at this point. Still have not wired up the locker... was trying to use stock relay... and switch, still might... but my garage has my sons broken truck in it, and it's been ice and snowing outside... so I have not finished that last task yet! Had to get a tranny rebuilt... so the project stalled. The jeep is a daily driver and has 1200 miles on the axle now... no problems. View attachment 175804 Again my apologies that this information was in the wrong spot... or not what everyone wanted to see. It seems to be well built. P.S.... that screw in the top was added because of the clayton bar hitting the bolthead as well... the regular bolt is back in and clears fine!

Top Bottom