D30 w/ Truetrac

Manvan

I live in the midwest with rain and snow. Could someone with a front Dana 30 with a truetrac front locker tell me what to expect with this set up and moderate wheeling. I would like the benefit of having a front locker but want to keep it simple($).
Thanks
P.S. 3" lift, 35's stock gears and an automatic.

Army_Vet

Banned
I live in the midwest with rain and snow. Could someone with a front Dana 30 with a truetrac front locker tell me what to expect with this set up and moderate wheeling. I would like the benefit of having a front locker but want to keep it simple($).
Thanks
P.S. 3" lift, 35's stock gears and an automatic.

What stock gears do you have? there should be 2 different sets in a d-30.

Second with moderate wheeling I would put my money elsewhere instead of a locker. Just my Opinion, but I don't think you need it for what you describe

jims68

Trutracs are not lockers. They are a gear to gear limited slip so you never really ever get a full lock more like a 60 40 differential side to side. They also have no clutch pacs so they don't wear out unless you have a gear or oil issue.

Army_Vet

Banned
Trutracs are not lockers. They are a gear to gear limited slip so you never really ever get a full lock more like a 60 40 differential side to side. They also have no clutch pacs so they don't wear out unless you have a gear or oil issue.

Ahhhh got ya! now im cool.

Manvan

Thanks for the help. They are 373's and I was looking for something that won't drive me nuts on the street. I have a limited slip rear diff. Where I wheel everything is slick. Climbing up shale, climbing over logs, climbing out of creek beds and mud holes. Just looking for a little extra traction. About $380 shipped.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the help. They are 373's and I was looking for something that won't drive me nuts on the street. I have a limited slip rear diff. Where I wheel everything is slick. Climbing up shale, climbing over logs, climbing out of creek beds and mud holes. Just looking for a little extra traction. About $380 shipped.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

Unlike your LSD in the rear which uses clutch packs, a TrueTrack is gear driven and is actually a much better setup. Guys in the industry that I know swear by them in the snow.

Top Bottom