The Evolution of ENVY Build

JAGS

Hooked
Nice big deck! Lol. That turned out great. I can't lie. I was worried, when I saw the paint stirring sticks. Nice job!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] LOL. "Free" supplies just to make the template. Thanks man, as I've said, it was fun. I took a bunch more pics along the way and will be sure to post up some more. It wasn't that hard and think with some patience anyone could do it. [emoji106]

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Nice deck! Does it mess with your sub performance? I've been thinking about doing the same, but my sub is in the floor.

JAGS

Hooked
Awesome job on the deck. I think I'll try to get mine done soon as well. [emoji106]

Nice deck! Does it mess with your sub performance? I've been thinking about doing the same, but my sub is in the floor.

Nice work. I believe this project is on the short list this summer.

Came out awesome JAGS!!

Thanks for the kind words.

I haven't noticed any sound/sub issues. But it's only about half enclosed. Might even help improve sub. Not sure.

As for the sub in the newer model JK, sharkey did a similar deck in his, so you should PM him or maybe he'll chime in here.

SDG

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the kind words.

I haven't noticed any sound/sub issues. But it's only about half enclosed. Might even help improve sub. Not sure.

As for the sub in the newer model JK, sharkey did a similar deck in his, so you should PM him or maybe he'll chime in here.
Nice work. I am doing a slider for the fridge and 2 drawers on mine. Just been sourcing the material so far.

JAGS

Hooked
Nice work. I am doing a slider for the fridge and 2 drawers on mine. Just been sourcing the material so far.

Thanks. I think you have the sub in floor, which will make it a lot easier.

If you're not set on the ARB slide, check out the dometic unit. At $169, it's a steal! Dometic CFX-SLD5065US CFX Slide.

SDG

Caught the Bug
Thanks. I think you have the sub in floor, which will make it a lot easier.

If you're not set on the ARB slide, check out the dometic unit. At $169, it's a steal! Dometic CFX-SLD5065US CFX Slide.
Nope, not set on the slide yet. I will check that out, was even contemplating making my own. I have the rear sub on the side, was thinking of making the drawers out of 80/20 aluminum and baltic birch (fancy marine plywood). I used to do some woodworking years ago so seems like it would be a fun project.

JAGS

Hooked
Nope, not set on the slide yet. I will check that out, was even contemplating making my own. I have the rear sub on the side, was thinking of making the drawers out of 80/20 aluminum and baltic birch (fancy marine plywood). I used to do some woodworking years ago so seems like it would be a fun project.

I thought about making my own slide as well. Decent slides for that weight run anywhere from $50++. Then buy the metal for frame and the slide. Find/buy a welder. The dometic slide seemed like a better choice for me personally at that point.

It's pretty crazy how materials costs can vary when you start looking at better quality. That said, I think you could go high end materials and still DIY it for less than current retail options out there.

JAGS

Hooked
Little tinkering today. My maxxima taillight on the passenger side started to fast blink on me. In taking the light off and looking at the wiring, I noticed the soldered connection to the resister had broken off and was no longer making connection. Spliced in some new wire threaded the wire through small eyelet coming off the resister. And re-soldered all ends. All is working great again.

IMG_1514.jpg

Also took some time to repair some minor paint damage above passenger fender. Took and hit to the EVO corner a while back that dented the panel and caused the paint to separate. It was previously covered with duct tape mainly to keep water off the bare steel.

Prep work and then some wet and dry sanding to try to even things out from the chipped paint.

IMG_1494.jpg

IMG_1496.jpg

IMG_1498.jpg

Several coats of primer and then several coats of color matched from duplicate-color. Followed that up with several coats of duplicate-color clear finish.

IMG_1515.jpg

IMG_1520.jpg

IMG_1525.jpg

Almost jacked up the paint putting the fender back on. [emoji51] But it came out well and is better to look at than the duct tape.

JAGS

Hooked
No way... did you actually work on your Jeep and fix shit?? :shock: :cheesy:

Nice job :thumb:

[emoji33] I know right. Ha ha. Shhhh. Don't tell anyone. [emoji23]

Thanks. [emoji106] Figured hard to kill myself (or passengers) working on a light and paint. Lol.

Top Bottom