The Evolution of ENVY Build

JAGS

Hooked
Got my ARB fridge wiring in. Swapped batteries. And also did a T-case service. Thanks JeepFan for lending a hand. [emoji106]

IMG_1657.jpg

IMG_1659.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
Nice! [emoji1303] Looks like a perfect spot!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks. Should work. [emoji41]

Looks good! I have no clue how I missed you getting a fridge but awesome gotta love no ice!

I'm looking forward to using it. Pricey investment, but everyone loves their fridge.

JAGS, I haven't caught up on threads for while. You've been busy!!! Looking great!!!!!!

Thanks Steve. Seems to be never ending.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS working on the jeep?

View attachment 259912

Ha ha. Yes, strange isn't it. [emoji33]

That would make me his accomplice! [emoji23]

A good partner in crime. Thanks again sir! [emoji106][emoji106]

I'm surprised you could work on it with all that dirt in the engine bay. :idontknow: :cheesy:

I tried to have it dirty in hopes he'd want to wash the Jeep first. Lol. No luck. [emoji23][emoji23]

So the date went well for you two?

No complaints. [emoji6]

Brute

Hooked
Most don't realize what a space saver it is also...if your on a 3 day trip, a 50 qt fridge is equal to a 100 qt cooler, since a great deal of space is taken up by ice

JAGS

Hooked
Thought I'd do a quick test fit. This is pretty much everything I'd need for a basic off road trip. The deck is perfect. Underneath are spare axle shafts, misc other spares, several tool bags, tire repair kit, spill kit bag, viair portable air, first aid kit, etc etc. Up on top is recovery bag and fluids tub.

IMG_1673.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Thought I'd do a quick test fit. This is pretty much everything I'd need for a basic off road trip. The deck is perfect. Underneath are spare axle shafts, misc other spares, several tool bags, tire repair kit, spill kit bag, viair portable air, first aid kit, etc etc. Up on top is recovery bag and fluids tub.

Nice fit. :thumb:

View attachment 260518

Looks good Jason. It's so worth the peace of mind when your out and about not to mention the safety of having all of that down below

benatc1

Hooked

View attachment 260518

Looks good man, I just ordered a few things and going to get some wood to build one myself, how high was the top of your box from the floor of the jeep? I'm debating between a 1x8 or 1x10 for the walls

JAGS

Hooked
Nice fit. :thumb:

Thanks Doug. In all honesty, I'm surprised it turned out as well as it did. My goal was to be able to fit as much as possible underneath. That was my reasoning for not doing a U support and doing "legs" instead.

Looks good Jason. It's so worth the peace of mind when your out and about not to mention the safety of having all of that down below

Thanks Steve. I just saw a thread where you posting up your trunk deck. I agree in that it should be great for summer. Now just to save up for some half doors. [emoji12][emoji6]

Looks good man, I just ordered a few things and going to get some wood to build one myself, how high was the top of your box from the floor of the jeep? I'm debating between a 1x8 or 1x10 for the walls

My "gap" between the floor and the bottom of the deck is about 9 1/2-9 3/4. This height required me to cut custom supports. If buying stock height lumber, me personally I would do the 1x10. This said, if doing "legs" and not a U support, I would maybe go with 2x10 and trim.

For some options/ideas you can see the deck thread I did or check out sharkeys or MTGs.

If you want any pics not taken already, let me know and I'd be happy to get them for you. [emoji106]

benatc1

Hooked
Thanks Doug. In all honesty, I'm surprised it turned out as well as it did. My goal was to be able to fit as much as possible underneath. That was my reasoning for not doing a U support and doing "legs" instead.

Thanks Steve. I just saw a thread where you posting up your trunk deck. I agree in that it should be great for summer. Now just to save up for some half doors. [emoji12][emoji6]

My "gap" between the floor and the bottom of the deck is about 9 1/2-9 3/4. This height required me to cut custom supports. If buying stock height lumber, me personally I would do the 1x10. This said, if doing "legs" and not a U support, I would maybe go with 2x10 and trim.

For some options/ideas you can see the deck thread I did or check out sharkeys or MTGs.

If you want any pics not taken already, let me know and I'd be happy to get them for you. [emoji106]

I'll check em out, looking at U shape not legs but want to keep it low enough so sulley can kinda sit on it and still have some room. But also going to make the top a hinging "lid" so I can access the back easily if I go shorter. Thinking I'll put some cardboard together to see what height works better for me before I buy wood

JAGS

Hooked
I'll check em out, looking at U shape not legs but want to keep it low enough so sulley can kinda sit on it and still have some room. But also going to make the top a hinging "lid" so I can access the back easily if I go shorter. Thinking I'll put some cardboard together to see what height works better for me before I buy wood

Extra time for a template is worth it, at least it was for me. Hinge concept is cool. I had an idea along those lines using piano hinges.

Seeing what I have now, some of my bags and such wouldn't fit with only 8" of clearance. Maybe consider what you'd put under to help you decide.

Top Bottom