Any golfers here?

Tindeuchen

The LPGA is playing there this weekend, the course looks really nice. The greens look huge but smooth as glass.

It's a really pretty course, espesially before the temp. gets up into the mid 90's. When I played there I decided to try and go from the tips like the pros, bad decision :grayno:

Angry Aussie

It's a really pretty course, espesially before the temp. gets up into the mid 90's. When I played there I decided to try and go from the tips like the pros, bad decision :grayno:

I never play tips! They are way to long and makes playing really boring and frustrating. I usually play from whites or blues depending on how long the course is.

FrankenJeeper

I play about twice maybe three times a year. Not very good but I enjoy being out in the peace and quiet.

Got a cheap set of Wilson clubs.

Sent from my Z796C using WAYALIFE mobile app

FrankenJeeper

I have Nike vr for my irons and my wedges are vokeys
The best I have ever shot was an 86
But I do like to enjoy 1-15 beers while playing haha
Silver lakes is probably my favorite place to play in driving distance.
Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Now you're close to my neck of the woods. I grew up about 15 minutes from silver lakes.

trailless

Caught the Bug
Started playing around 5 years ago.

Lowest I've ever shot was a 74, but that was one of those days I could do no wrong. Average in the mid 80's.

Favorite course would be Texarkana country club, but the best course I've played is TPC Los Colinas in the DFW area

Driver: Taylormade R-11s
Woods/hybrids: Tour Edge Pro v4
Irons: Mizuno MP-59
Wedges: Mizuno MP-T4
Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron

So close to breaking par! Nice irons. There nothing like the hot knife through butter feeling from mizuno irons!

jgrove12

Currently live in Jacksonville but moving to piedmont in a few weeks.

That's awesome I work in Jacksonville about one day a week. Good to know a fellow wayalifer is from Bama haha

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Angry Aussie

Been to long since this has popped up. Any new golfers? Or awesome golf pictures or stories ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438306771.259596.jpg

Saw this guy on my local course. It looks just like a leopard.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438306870.015901.jpg

Almost had my first hole in one a few weeks ago.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
When I was in high school I worked on the grounds crew at a golf course the summer between my sophomore and junior year and then again at the same course the next summer. That 2nd summer was the best. Everybody already knew me. I wasn't one of the new guys stuck on a push mower mowing greens or running a weedeater all the time. I got to be on the water crew. Anything that dealt with the watering of anything on the course and all the repairs and maintenance on the sprinkler system. It was awesome because it would be 100 degrees plus and we got to play with water. Kept us cool a lot of days as we were usually soaked before noon it seemed.

We got to play there for free so I played a lot. My brother and I got to play a lot there together also, which was nice.

During my senior year I worked at a gas station part time and a different golf course. I was just a cart boy there though, they didn't have an opening on the maintenance crew at the time. Plus the maintenance crew left by 5 where as everybody else was there until the course closed so I was able to work more hours that way.

I played there some while working there, not as much as what I would've liked. Had another part time job so I didn't have many days of non work time. Plus I was still in school and showed cattle while in school. The first head pro left and another came on, he also didn't like you unless you were one of the pro shop guys so he made it hard for us to play. We use to keep our clubs in our trucks and on slow days we would grab a cart and go tee off on hole 12 and play until we finished hole 17. Funny thing was, pro shop guys were doin the same on the front 9.

djegolfpro

I've been in the golf business since I was 17. I'm 24 now trying to be a director of golf. I currently work at International Links of Miami. Rated #1 public course this year by golf advisor. I played college golf wanted to go pro and start traveling, but it's rough when you work a lot and can't practice. Now I just play for fun and bets.

I don't get out to golf that often, and when I do it's Putt-Putt :D

I have been known to play a mean game of Mario Golf on a rainy day too.

07JKSahara

I don't get out to golf that often, and when I do it's Putt-Putt :D

I have been known to play a mean game of Mario Golf on a rainy day too.

Haha!!! I haven't heard the name Putt-Putt in ages!! We used to go there and Dunkin Donuts. Both of those I miss dearly.. :(

Not that, because I moved. No Putt Putt branded places out here. :)

Oh, well I'll let you off the hook then :)

There aren't many around here anymore either. Most closed and now even the Adventure Golf places are always dead and struggling. Kids just don't do much outside any more.

...but I digress and will stop with my thread derail :bleh:

Top Bottom