Recovery strap breaks killing two people

GraniteCrystal

So most people on here aren't using the hook that comes on your rope with your Warn winch? Or one of these?

Screenshot_20170314-201434.png

How is it possible to eliminate all hooks, shackles, etc?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
You could get rid of all shackles and hooks, but you should be fine if you take care of your gear, buy good gear, use the right gear for the job, and use your brain when doing a recovery.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Jesus. Just watching that kind of force on a tow strap makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Brute

Hooked
A snatch is done with an elastic strap or rope that only has soft loops on each end...even if they are connected to the recovery points on the rig via d-rings only the soft rope breaks...no metal projectiles...and it is not a spectator sport...no one should be anywhere close...

If the recovery fails via snatch...winch is next...and a blanket or weight on the winch line, and no one in the kill zone during winching...

I've seen a Bubba rope break during a snatch...no one injured because no one near the rope during the snatch...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
First off, this looks like it happen in some third world country, where they have no clue what they're doing. They also probably don't have access to the right equipment. I'm glad I live in the U.S.A.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom