FLORENCE JUNCTION : Arizona Fun Run in the Sun

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys, any chance in the future you guys will be making it back out to Phoenix for this run or something of the like?? The weather will be getting to be tolerable sometime in October :fingerscrossed: but who know with the way the AZ oven controls work.

You bet! Would love to get back out there but, maybe after I wear down my tires a bit first. The rocks out there are razor sharp and the last time I was there, it trashed the tread on my brand new tires :crazyeyes:

WEN2FAS

You bet! Would love to get back out there but, maybe after I wear down my tires a bit first. The rocks out there are razor sharp and the last time I was there, it trashed the tread on my brand new tires :crazyeyes:

I'm glad to read you feel this way. I thought I was being a cry baby about the trails destroying my tires but I guess i'm not alone. I about stroked out after seeing my new ko2's condition after the first trail I did. It was then I realized Baja must be way less harsh then Arizona. If a tire manufacturer wants to now how tough their tires are test them in the Az desert next time.

jelliott076

That's good to know!! Maybe I will hang onto my old tires for a bit. I'm getting the new wheels and tires with the PR60'S and feel bad enough i have to
destroy the tread on the freeway back to Phoenix rather than a trail. These things aren't cheap ! :crazyeyes:

I'm glad to read you feel this way. I thought I was being a cry baby about the trails destroying my tires but I guess i'm not alone. I about stroked out after seeing my new ko2's condition after the first trail I did. It was then I realized Baja must be way less harsh then Arizona. If a tire manufacturer wants to now how tough their tires are test them in the Az desert next time.

Yeah, I had no idea how crazy the rocks were in Phoenix. I've destroyed 3 sets of hiking shoes over the last couple of months. After looking at how you and Eddie replied I'm glad those weren't tires!!!

Last edited:
Awesome video! All of this is within an hour of my new place...of course I had to hike Martinez Canyon since it's closed now..
But the terrain is awesome...way nicer than trees and mud in WA!

If anyone wants to go play in this area, let me know!

Attachments

• 20160228_124137.jpg
    20160228_124137.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 20160217_115124.jpg
    20160217_115124.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 98

bthomas

Awesome video! All of this is within an hour of my new place...of course I had to hike Martinez Canyon since it's closed now..

Last time I was up there I found the new (as of 3 years ago) gate, so we walked up to the creek, had lunch under the cottonwoods, and walked the rest of the way up to what was left of the cabins, that was as far as we went. Awesome to see the mill is still there, I haven't been up that far in probably 10 years. I was only up that far once. That is very cool you found some petroglyphs. There's so much history hiding in the desert, I love it!

Last edited:

AZMikeD

This is a great area and it's not too far from my place either. I'll have to try this hike some time. One of my favorite trails in this area is Telegraph Canyon Road which meets up with Mineral Mountain Rd and Box Canyon. Not terribly difficult but beautiful scenery and still fun. Doing these two trails is a fun day. There is also some good petroglyphs on cottonwood canyon road, but that road is also closed at a certain point. The location of the petroglyphs is well marked.

I'm waiting for it to cool of a little more before hitting this area again.

SunDevilJk

This is a great area and it's not too far from my place either. I'll have to try this hike some time. One of my favorite trails in this area is Telegraph Canyon Road which meets up with Mineral Mountain Rd and Box Canyon. Not terribly difficult but beautiful scenery and still fun. Doing these two trails is a fun day. There is also some good petroglyphs on cottonwood canyon road, but that road is also closed at a certain point. The location of the petroglyphs is well marked.

I'm waiting for it to cool of a little more before hitting this area again.

I'm with you, I haven't wheeled at all this summer. Too damn hot, and don't have the lights yet for night runs.

Top Bottom