Overlanding Gear

scrota76

That's great if you are somewhere that allows it. The Rubicon, for example, is pack it out only.
I've never been to Rubicon, but I've heard the porta-poops are somewhere between a bathroom at a Tijuana sin den, and meth house. I actually heard a story that involved using a 2x4 to press stuff down to make room. The stuff of nightmares. I would think my Pepto immodium AD cocktail would be best in that case.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Got me Rotopax water storage. We always seem to run short, even with the new cup holders I built for extra water bottles.

0210171025.jpg

Brute

Hooked
I've never been to Rubicon, but I've heard the porta-poops are somewhere between a bathroom at a Tijuana sin den, and meth house. I actually heard a story that involved using a 2x4 to press stuff down to make room. The stuff of nightmares. I would think my Pepto immodium AD cocktail would be best in that case.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Most trails in Moab require you to pack it out as well

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Journeyman

IMG_1070.jpg
My favorite pooper. Everything you need in the the bag. TP, fresh wipe with deodorizer in the bag all sealed up with two zip locks. Comfy foam seat and all contained in a bucket with a sealed screw on lid!
National park friendly!

Got me Rotopax water storage. We always seem to run short, even with the new cup holders I built for extra water bottles.

View attachment 243492

Curious on how you mounted these or how you go about using them. I like Rotopax but can't get past the gas style spout for water. I picked one up to use as an on board hand washing system for my work truck. Added a "glug free" valve and hose and it's still just meh. Wishing I just went with a MSR bladder and solar shower hose kit.

WJCO

Meme King
Curious on how you mounted these or how you go about using them. I like Rotopax but can't get past the gas style spout for water. I picked one up to use as an on board hand washing system for my work truck. Added a "glug free" valve and hose and it's still just meh. Wishing I just went with a MSR bladder and solar shower hose kit.

I mounted it inside to a cargo panel that secures to the body. We just plan on using it just for refilling water bottles, etc. Here's some pics.

IMG_20170216_172304_280.jpg IMG_20170216_172234_781.jpg

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I can't believe this thread has gone a month without an update. Anyone pick up something new and exciting for the camping season?

Brute

Hooked
I can't believe this thread has gone a month without an update. Anyone pick up something new and exciting for the camping season?

I did pick up a tent/cot for my upcoming trip to the Rubicon since space is limited on the JK6...I'll post it when I return to the states at the end of the month...

WJCO

Meme King
I added this to my build thread, but I'll add it here as well. I got a really small cheap coffee pot (675 watts) to plug into my inverter. It's a 1000w inverter and it never went over 680. Used it a few times already. Works with engine at idle. Charging voltage stayed around mid 13s.

0614171931.jpg

0614171931a.jpg

Picked this up recently.
It's a Big Agnes big house 6 deluxe. Added the accessory vestibule also just haven't used it yet.
View attachment 269577 .

*random internet pic*
To give an idea how much space the vestibule adds to the living area.
IMG_6664.JPG .

SDG

Caught the Bug
I got a few things a while ago...

Decided to get the front runner storage boxes, they are pretty much dust tight and interlock... So great for chips, bread, ceushable stuff I always used to crunch, and another for plates, utensils, sharp stuff.

front-runner-wolf-pack-SBOX008-2.jpeg

Also got one of their water jugs, like the design... but not sure how often I will use it.
front-runner-plastic-water-jerry-can-with-tap-WTAN002-1.jpeg

Also got a MSR guardian for my bday... pumps a gal in 2 min, so I got some collapsible bags for water, and that why I am not so sure how much I will use the hard Jerry can unless it's desert camping.

guardian_filter.jpeg

Frydaddy

SDG, Thats an awesome Jerry can!

I did onboard water a few weeks ago. With onboard water and power to boot, Im glad I built everything hidden. The cargo bay is completely clear for actual cargo.

Compressed air chuck and a garden hose connection both front and rear.
IMG_20170703_145036216.jpg

Used the stock bumper for the tank. Its temporary, but will do good for now.
IMG_20170703_144956920.jpg

Top Bottom