Hilo Hawaii?

StrizzyChris

I just got a travel contract offer to work in Hilo Hawaii for 13 weeks(3 months). All I know about Hilo is that its on the eastern side of the main island. Has anyone been there before? any insight into the islands, what to expect, how to get around, if its a crap area compared to other areas in HI, etc. Any info/advice would be greatly apreciated!

Yeti-09

I went over for work in 2010 for a few weeks. It wasn't bad. There's not a not of people on that island for being the biggest. I live in Oahu, stupid amounts of people!! You could check out the volcano though, that was cool. Not sure about off roading though. Check out Facebook- Oahu jeepers, someone in there might know about trails. I know Maui has some crazy trails a sick buggy crew for being in the islands. I would say check out the little restaurant by k- docks for an amazing breakfast!! Don't remember the name but there's not much over there, can't really miss it. Have fun!!

MTG

Caught the Bug
Do it! We go to Hawaii every year and love it. Thought about moving there but couldn't make the numbers work. I'd take advantage of the paid for travel and island hop in your free time. Lots of outdoor stuff on all the islands. I have only been to the big island once, in college, fished on a friends boat and drank beer for 4 days straight. Sorry not much of a tour guide for that island.

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Head over there and have a blast! If you don't it will be 3 months that you will regret forever! You gotta grab life by the balls and enjoy it!

WOH111

3 months is a short period of time in the grand scheme of things. Go and fun sand, sun and waves got to be rough. Have fun and send pics.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Jkzinger said:
Head over there and have a blast! If you don't it will be 3 months that you will regret forever! You gotta grab life by the balls and enjoy it!

Great advice!

DManuel

Just do it. Even a crappy area of Hawaii is better than a nice area most anywhere else. Enjoy the adventure.

StrizzyChris

Its official! I accepted the position and am flying out Thursday to start my next contract. Many jeepers on here from hilo area or main island?

Honey Badger

I'll be out there either the first week of Nov or the week after thanksgiving. Having Hawaii as part of my territory has its advantages.

MTG

Caught the Bug
StrizzyChris said:
Its official! I accepted the position and am flying out Thursday to start my next contract. Many jeepers on here from hilo area or main island?

Cool! Congrats!

Top Bottom