Wildfire Devastates City Of Weed,CA

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the residents and businesses displaced by this tragic wildfire yesterday in Weed, CA.
When I last checked the status, around 8pm lastnight, it was only 15% contained and the neighboring community of Angel Valley lost a large number of homes. Truly a sad day for these people. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410882699.611484.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410882715.244429.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410882797.471234.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410882812.254288.jpg

Last edited:

mjbjw

Went through that in 03'.....
Rebuilding is a long road, but doable.
I pray for their safety.

Oregonjeeper

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the residents and businesses displaced by this tragic wildfire yesterday in Weed, CA.
When I last checked the status, around 8pm lastnight, it was only 15% contained and the neighboring community of Angel Valley lost a large number of homes. Truly a sad day for these people. View attachment 100443 View attachment 100444 View attachment 100445 View attachment 100446

its bad it took over 100 homes and church that dates back to the 1800's....Not a big fire just hit in town so the damage is so bad ..the Library is gone.. the fire came so quick they couldn't get the bus in to get the kids out..they used pickup trucks...

bkac

Caught the Bug
I was there last night, it was really sad in town. People were walking down the streets with what was left of their belongings. I was frustrated that the road was closed then it really made me stop and think, when I think thinks are hard it could always be so much worse. My problems were nothing compared to the ones that lost everything. Sometimes that's what it takes for me to have a reality check. Prays out to Weed, CA. :thumbup:

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

Oregonjeeper

I was there last night, it was really sad in town. People were walking down the streets with what was left of their belongings. I was frustrated that the road was closed then it really made me stop and think, when I think thinks are hard it could always be so much worse. My problems were nothing compared to the ones that lost everything. Sometimes that's what it takes for me to have a reality check. Prays out to Weed, CA. :thumbup:

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well said ... it does make you think .... This year for our area has been the worst fire season in like 20 years ... The Klamath river Canyon fire took out 42,000 and like 8 homes/ranches... Which most of the ranches date back to the 1800's as well..

rockcrawler26

Is there any info on deaths or how it started? I hope everyone is safe for such a total loss

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Oregonjeeper

Why haven't I heard of this on the news?

Is there any info on deaths or how it started? I hope everyone is safe for such a total loss

No Deaths from what i have heard.. The fire did take out the schools library the Mill and over 100 homes so far.. The winds are picking up again today so who knows... They had a report on it on the today show this morning..its crazy the photos coming out of there... No word on the Cause

jesse3638

Hooked
Here is another website I use when I need info for work. This one is produced by the feds, the previous one is produced by the state. Both offer good information and sometimes one has info the other does not. http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/

xkid

Terrible. Clicked on the link,and WOW! California and Oregon have a lot of fires. Is it because it is so dry?

rockcrawler26

Terrible. Clicked on the link,and WOW! California and Oregon have a lot of fires. Is it because it is so dry?

This has been an extremely hot summer for us in Oregon. I can't remember having this many 90+ days in a summer in roughly 20 years.

Top Bottom