Motor Trends Best Drivers Car 2014

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So what is everyone's thoughts about the Camaro Z/28 winning the best drivers car award for 2014? Me personally I love it! I haven't driven any of these cars but based off of what they say I think it's great!

Here is the video if you haven't seen it.
http://youtu.be/vg1fY1fVYNk

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I only find it funny, cuz every person I have talked to about the Camaro hated it cuz its so hard to see out of it.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I only find it funny, cuz every person I have talked to about the Camaro hated it cuz its so hard to see out of it.

i drove an SS back in the day when it came out and i didnt think it was to bad. my moms old HHR was wayyyyy worse lol

KingCopperhead

I absolutely love this! I traded in my 2011 Camaro SS for my new JK. (reliability issues, I got really unlucky with a few things breaking that should never break.)
That being said, the car was absolutely a dream to drive. Although the SS is vastly different from the Z/28, I had a few mods on mine. Stiffer Springs, 275 fr/315 rear tires, ported TB, headers, intake, exhaust, engine recalibrated, it was a beast. Cornered very predictably, even when breaking traction it was easy to get her back in line. Had the car on Watkins Glen once, and it just begged to be pushed harder than I was capable of pushing it.

The visibility issues are there for sure, but it took me a good day or two to get used to it. You really have to set your mirrors up perfectly. And when on a race track you look through the drivers side window rather than the windshield at Super sharp corners, the a pillar is massive.

Puts a big shit eating grin on my face to see that beast getting awards.

Last edited:

KingCopperhead

Since it's throwback Thursday :)

Attachments

• 1411676249239.jpg
    1411676249239.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 1411676294829.jpg
    1411676294829.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 1411676338944.jpg
    1411676338944.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 47

Jeeper Jr.

I don't agree with the result. The Alfa Romeo 4C should have taken it. Not as fast but it had manual steering, super light, actually had AC and looks phenomenal.
The 4C is a more compelling option I think. It has more curb appeal (as opposed to just another Camaro), drives great, sounds good and is probably more comfortable. The Camaro should be number 2.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom