Close

Page 3 of 141 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Spotted this interesting Jeep today. Looked like a YJ with a body kit with round headlights and some weird ass hood. One of a kind to say the least. "Urban Survival Options" = USO

image-2800067303.jpg

image-2816844209.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 10frank9 View Post
    .......Looked like a YJ with a body kit with round headlights and some weird ass hood.....
    someone actually made the ugliest part of a YJ even more ugly. That is worthy of an award
    2009 Black Rubicon Unlimited
    EVO Long Arm w/Envy Links
    EVO Front Double Throw Down
    EVO Lever Rear w/Double Throw Down
    Dynatrac Pro Rock 60's f/r
    PSC hydraulic ram assist
    Mastercraft Baja RS seats
    J.E. Reel 1350 drive shafts
    ATX Slab wheels
    40" Nitto Mud Grapplers

My prior ride on its last elk hunt near Creede, CO.

PB090121-L.jpg

Parked next to a classic.....

¥

apart from my JKU, I'm riding a 1991 Toyota Land Cruiser LJ70, here you have some pics

lj2.jpg

LJ_70_3.jpg

LJ_70_4.jpg

The technology of an AIR powered vehicle, would you own one? Okay, it's not a 4x4 but it is an OHV! It's as clean as it gets for the greenies.

"If you haven't already accepted that motorcycles running on something other than dead dino juice are the real deal, then you probably should come around. In many cases, they perform just as well as their fuel-burning brethren, and, depending on from where you get the electricity, they run cleanly. Now, they are getting even cleaner with the introduction of the air-powered bike.

The O2 Pursuit, a project from an engineering school graduate in Australia, runs off compressed air stored in an on-board tank. Dean Benstead's project began with a rotary air compression engine, around which he built a dirt bike. He started with a Yamaha WR250R frame, and added a scuba-diving tank and a 25-pound engine to power the rear wheel. Squeeze the throttle and air is released to accelerate the bike. And its stats are impressive. The O2 Pursuit gets 62 miles of travel on a full tank, and can hit a top speed of 87 mph.

Air beats electric both for convenience and environmental kindness. There is no battery to dispose of when the cells eventually break down, filling up with air takes two minutes rather than hours required for charging, and it can be stored in an inert state forever. And while the air-powered car is little more than a four-wheeled scam we’ve been hearing about for decades, the low weight of a bike is perfectly suited for the application."

"When the air comes out, its in the same state as when you compressed it" Benstead said. "You haven't technically used anything"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GCM 2; 11-08-2012 at 04:52 PM.
    PSC hydraulic ram assist
    ATX Slab wheels
    40" Nitto Mud Grapplers

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    no way, that's cool - i'd have to try it out before passing any real judgement on it.
    Yep, I was thinking the same. Here is the link to the article from Wired.com. There is a very weak video embedded in the page. I think they need to hire Wayalife Productions to capture some action for them.

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2012/11/air-motorcycle/
    PSC hydraulic ram assist
    ATX Slab wheels
    40" Nitto Mud Grapplers

Quote Originally Posted by GCM 2 View Post
    Yep, I was thinking the same. Here is the link to the article from Wired.com. There is a very weak video embedded in the page. I think they need to hire Wayalife Productions to capture some action for them.

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2012/11/air-motorcycle/
    that is pretty cool. hard to believe that it really can get 62 miles out of a tank. i have to wonder how long it would last on the trails we have out west like in desert hills or the mountains. i mean, i would have to think that would require more power/torque to move in those conditions and suck... or, should i say "blow" more power. also, would you really have the same amount of power from a full to empty tank? i somehow think not. i think they need to send me one for more testing

Page 3 of 141 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast