2014 SEMA GM Futurliner : Parade of Progress Bus

GCM 2

One of the shows on velocity restored this. Very cool!

What is ironic is that I was watching a hot rod show just this last week and they were in the process of restoring this exact Dreamliner. There is a lot of steel, blood, sweat and time infested. I think their time line for start to finish was 18 months for a crew of 4 working on it. Everything is original down to the copper brake lines and the rebuilt motor with exact parts.

Kindig it Design did the restoration

Sent from my fRuit product using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dave Kindig and his guys at Bitchin Rides did the restoration. Took them like three years to complete. Pretty amazing. Would love to see it in person.

Just watched that episode of bitchin rides last week. That thing is awesome.

So I just caught the episode of Bitchin Rides that all you guys were talking about. I guess that means that the photos I posted up of the Futureliner from Ron Pratt's private collection is of a completely separate vehicle than this one displayed at SEMA. I was totally not tracking that there were two of these things restored and in existence. My apologies for mistaking the two builds as the same one. The episode that covered the Futureliner on Bitchin Rides was pretty cool!

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
So I just caught the episode of Bitchin Rides that all you guys were talking about. I guess that means that the photos I posted up of the Futureliner from Ron Pratt's private collection is of a completely separate vehicle than this one displayed at SEMA. I was totally not tracking that there were two of these things restored and in existence. My apologies for mistaking the two builds as the same one. The episode that covered the Futureliner on Bitchin Rides was pretty cool!

Please self ban...

Did you see what the drivers area looked like?

www.toasterjeep.com

JKbrick

GCM2, Did you say the Pratt collection is being sold? I hope if it is it isn't due to anything due to health reasons, he seemed on tv to be a very generous man.

GCM 2

GCM2, Did you say the Pratt collection is being sold? I hope if it is it isn't due to anything due to health reasons, he seemed on tv to be a very generous man.

Yes, it was in the news a few weeks ago. I am pretty certain it has nothing to do with health or financial issues. When I had the opportunity to view his collection of cars back in 2007, I was also fed some relatively private information all those years ago about plans he had in the future for a new different collection, with new and larger garage space. I think selling the current car collection is all part of a master plan by Mr. Pratt, who is a genuinely nice, philanthropic person.

rubicon91

I just watched the final 2 episodes of Bitchin Rides this weekend on this build. Insane. 560+ days. I would love to know the final price tag for the restoration. I mean there was what 20 people on this thing for 1 1/2 years in a shop. But is pretty cool that this is only #3 I think totally restored out of the remaining 9. And trying to steer that thing looked crazy. Was really cool to watch it after seeing the photos here a few days earlier.

GCM 2

I just watched the final 2 episodes of Bitchin Rides this weekend on this build. Insane. 560+ days. I would love to know the final price tag for the restoration. I mean there was what 20 people on this thing for 1 1/2 years in a shop. But is pretty cool that this is only #3 I think totally restored out of the remaining 9. And trying to steer that thing looked crazy. Was really cool to watch it after seeing the photos here a few days earlier.

Just to give you an idea, the photos I posted of the other Futurliner (from Ron Pratt's collection) sold at auction in 2006 for $4,100,000. I would think that this Kindigit "Bitchin Rides" resto shown at SEMA probably had a huge price tag too, but maybe not 4.1 million.

GCM 2

......he seemed on tv to be a very generous man.

Also, I just read this from Barrett Jackson's website on the Ron Pratt Futureliner. This guys is just absolutely awesome.

.....Nine years after buying a 1950 GM Futurliner bus at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale, Ron Pratt will donate all the proceeds from its sale in 2015 to the Armed Forces Foundation.

rubicon91

Just to give you an idea, the photos I posted of the other Futurliner (from Ron Pratt's collection) sold at auction in 2006 for $4,100,000. I would think that this Kindigit "Bitchin Rides" resto shown at SEMA probably had a huge price tag too, but maybe not 4.1 million.

Yeah that would be somewhere in the vicinity of what I was thinking. I said 2-3 mil to restore approx in my head thinking 20+ workers 1 1/2 years of salary + shop expenses etc. Must be nice to have such a nice amount of play money. I am currently working on restoring a sandwich bag I used yesterday to its original state so I can use it again today!!:D

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Also, I just read this from Barrett Jackson's website on the Ron Pratt Futureliner. This guys is just absolutely awesome.

.....Nine years after buying a 1950 GM Futurliner bus at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale, Ron Pratt will donate all the proceeds from its sale in 2015 to the Armed Forces Foundation.

Awesome he would do that. Nice to know some folks with crazy money are still mindful of the needs of others.:thumb::thumb:

JKbrick

Thank you for the update, he is truly a good man. On the subject, happy Veterans Day to you and to all of the Veterans here, Thank You for your service and sacrifice

GCM 2

Thank you for the update, he is truly a good man. On the subject, happy Veterans Day to you and to all of the Veterans here, Thank You for your service and sacrifice

You got it ;) You are quite welcome, and thank you!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
There is a show on velocity channel on directv right about them building this thing. Pretty cool. It was beat to shit when it first went in.

Top Bottom