All things Colorado

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Dude that is so cool.
But a lot easier when they are in your back yard.
:bleh::icon_crazy:

20151008_071411_zpswikyqfdx.jpg

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
I'll be heading to Denver on Monday for the week, since this is isn't a volunteer aspect of my job they are paying me to drive and allowing me to take the jeep. Can't wait to get there and play a bit.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
That looks like wet snow

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Very wet. Tree branches broken everywhere.

That's insane. Beautiful but insane.

Agreed. I felt like a hypocrite taking photos though. I always get pissed at people when they stop in the road to take photos, but today that was us.

Dude that is so cool.
But a lot easier when they are in your back yard.
:bleh::icon_crazy:

20151008_071411_zpswikyqfdx.jpg

Show off, lol.

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
We got hit with a massive snow storm yesterday. We went up to explore today and to see how deep the snow was. Over 3 feet in spots. Beautiful though​......

I mean this was very heavy sarcasm but you suck! I've been to Colorado once and absolutely loved it and only can dream of being able to go do that on a daily basis or have the opportunity to at least. It was absolutely gorgeous when we went out, my wife and I want to take our daughter out there and go do all kinds of stuff. Very happy for you though! Life is full of stuff to enjoy so might as well get out there and enjoy it! [emoji106]

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
We got hit with a massive snow storm yesterday. We went up to explore today and to see how deep the snow was. Over 3 feet in spots. Beautiful though. Even got on one forest road that was plowed and got drove around a little. But the best part of the day was seeing a bear eating a carcass of something. All my years in CO, and this is the first bear I've seen.

View attachment 259352

View attachment 259365

View attachment 259364

View attachment 259363

View attachment 259362

View attachment 259361

View attachment 259360

View attachment 259359

View attachment 259358

View attachment 259357

View attachment 259356

View attachment 259355

View attachment 259354

View attachment 259353

View attachment 259366

Very cool! (Both figuratively & literally)

BobNH

You guys are still getting hit with snow wjco? Thats amazing. We were shocked here to get 2 feet on Mt Washington on Mothers Day. Awesome shots too, beautiful stuff. Saw a little black bear cub myself just last week. Smaller than a lab.

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rancho

Caught the Bug
So this was about 2 years ago.
My son let the dog out in the AM.
Next thing I hear is he yelling that there is a bear in the backyard and the dog is there.
I freak out, run out and get between the dog and bear.
Oh... this is in the fall too. Last supper time.
And didn't even think to look for cubs.
Thankfully he boogied up the tree and we all went our separate ways...
Key take away... don't chase a bear there might be cubs...

Apparently climbing a tree to escape a ravenous black bear won't work...

WJCO

Meme King
I mean this was very heavy sarcasm but you suck! I've been to Colorado once and absolutely loved it and only can dream of being able to go do that on a daily basis or have the opportunity to at least. It was absolutely gorgeous when we went out, my wife and I want to take our daughter out there and go do all kinds of stuff. Very happy for you though! Life is full of stuff to enjoy so might as well get out there and enjoy it! [emoji106]

We are very blessed to live here. We really try to get out as much as possible and enjoy it.

Remind me to tell you that story, lunch next Friday?

I have plans already, but we'll catch up soon.

Very cool! (Both figuratively & literally)

Apparently climbing a tree to escape a ravenous black bear won't work...

At one point when we were watching him, a huge chunk of snow fell and landed right next to him. It scared the crap out of him, and with one jump, he jumped about 10 feet up the tree and stuck like Velcro. It was nuts. Not only can they climb, but they have incredible grip.

You guys are still getting hit with snow wjco? Thats amazing. We were shocked here to get 2 feet on Mt Washington on Mothers Day. Awesome shots too, beautiful stuff. Saw a little black bear cub myself just last week. Smaller than a lab.

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Glad you got to see that. I could have watched this bear for hours, they sure are cool. We rarely get snow this late in the year, but we got hit hard yesterday.

Brute

Hooked
So this was about 2 years ago.
My son let the dog out in the AM.
Next thing I hear is he yelling that there is a bear in the backyard and the dog is there.
I freak out, run out and get between the dog and bear.
Oh... this is in the fall too. Last supper time.
And didn't even think to look for cubs.
Thankfully he boogied up the tree and we all went our separate ways...
Key take away... don't chase a bear there might be cubs...

You must really like that dog...

I just realized that the Bears & the Cubs are both from Chicago...no, I haven't begun drinking ...yet

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
We are very blessed to live here. We really try to get out as much as possible and enjoy it.

That's awesome! I have family out there but most of my family is here in the Midwest. If it Wasn't So Far Away I would totally contemplate moving out there but I don't know if there's much call for machinists out there.

Basscat

Spent many a year in Pueblo. Best green chilies on the planet! A burrito smothered in Pueblo green chili is tough to beat! Or a Coors Tavern Slopper for that matter!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom