2012 Dozer JKU - this might take a while

devonn216

Overall I am very happy and very impressed with both bumpers!

IMG_0643.jpg

The welds are very nice and they have the d ring mount going all the way through the bumpers and welded on both sides. Those thing aren't going anywhere!

I used VHT roll bar and chassis paint and rattle canned it myself. It turned out great and makes for easy touch up.

IMG_0658.JPG

I put about 4 coats if I remember correctly.

IMG_0644.JPG

IMG_0645.JPG

The front bumper fits perfectly without having to trim any part of the frame off. It does require the Vac Pump to be relocated. I used Motobilt's bracket which relocates it up into the engine bay. If I remember I'll post a picture of it later. I was able to instal it by myself easily without even scratching the paint. I forgot to take pictures of the brackets they supply but this thing is mounted using 8 bolts welded into the bumper which mount to the 8 holes in the frame horns. It also utilizes two brackets that bolt to the bottom of the top plate of the front bumper and then to the inside sides of the frame at the cross member.

The rear bumper also fits very tight and it's slender design was it's begging selling point for me. It mounts to the frame, without trimming, using the two OE bolts on both sides and an additional supplied grade 8 bolt. It also uses two L brackets that mount from the bottom of the bumper to the cross member.

I did have to trim the left side of the bracket that holds the connector for the trailer lights and bend that bracket back in order to clear the bumper.

IMG_0647.JPG

I am very happy with the bumpers!

IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0652.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Overall I am very happy and very impressed with both bumpers!

Not sure if you read the link above that Eddie posted, but glad you like the quality of your bumpers. However, the way Motobilt handled a potential issue and presented themselves here on the forum was extremely unprofessional.

devonn216

Not sure if you read the link above that Eddie posted, but glad you like the quality of your bumpers. However, the way Motobilt handled a potential issue and presented themselves here on the forum was extremely unprofessional.

I didn't see it until now. Give me a little bit to read the thread he posted. I wasn't aware of any thing going on with them, but I'll read up on it.

devonn216

While I'm happy that you've been able to build up your Jeep, I have to say it's a shame that it was with parts from a company that engages in questionable business practices such as deliberately sending haters here just to troll us.

https://www.wayalife.com/showthread.php?44159&p=861175#post861175

Never even knew who they were up until then.

To be honest I hadn't seen this thread prior to today, and I don't want to bring that deal up. I don't know anything about that situation.

I also had never heard of them until a buddy of mine down here in flight school recommended that I take a look at their stuff when I told him I was looking for some bumpers. I ended up going with theirs because me interaction with them was very pleasant and I liked the look and solid fabrication of the two bumper that I saw and got. Again I can't speak to anything else.

It's sucks that stuff like that happens.

Last edited:

devonn216

Something not ideal has already happened to the rear bumper. I hadn't had it installed 4 days when I went wheeling this past Saturday. I ended up pulling an Isuzu Trooper out of some really thick mud that was all the way up to the hood on the front end and up to the back bumper. Pulled from both front end d ring mounts and the the drivers side d ring mount on the back end. Both held up as expected. End up yanking the guy out.

At another point, I dropped of a ledge and my trailer receiver hitch hit something pretty hard and flexed up into the bumper which caused it to bend slightly where their Motobilt emblem is cut out. So that sucks. It is obviously because the bumper fits so tight and there isn't much room left for things to move. Also probably because the cut out reduce the strength at that point I would assume.

IMG_0663.JPG

I saw another bumper just like it on post the next day so I showed the Motobilt guys and they said that they are considering cutting out a little more space for flexing so it wouldn't happen in the future. Luckily you can't see it since my spare is in the way, and it's not worth me pulling the bumper off to fix.

devonn216

I'm currently trying to decide if I should pick up the Warn Powerplant 12000lb for $900 off of Craigslist. What do y'all think?? It's missing the air hose and quick connect.

devonn216

I still can't decide if I should get that used Powerplant for $900 or but a new Zeon 10S for $1063. Thoughts? My main concerns are the weight difference, synthetic vs. steel cable, and air vs. no air.

scull20

I still can't decide if I should get that used Powerplant for $900 or but a new Zeon 10S for $1063. Thoughts? My main concerns are the weight difference, synthetic vs. steel cable, and air vs. no air.

You can always go look at it and walk away if you're not happy. The powerplant with a steel cable is indeed heavy. I needed to add a 3/4" coil spacer up front to compensate for the weight of the bumper and winch. You will likely save weight with a Zeon and synth line...how much, I'm not sure.

devonn216

You can always go look at it and walk away if you're not happy. The powerplant with a steel cable is indeed heavy. I needed to add a 3/4" coil spacer up front to compensate for the weight of the bumper and winch. You will likely save weight with a Zeon and synth line...how much, I'm not sure.

Should be about 40lbs

Top Bottom