Show Us Your Deck!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Yeh I suppose your ri.......you know what I've learned......Yes dear.....:cheesy:

Hey Sharkey could you tell me how much height you have from the top of the deck to the roof inside your JK? Just curious, guess what I'm saying is I really like your layout and not sure if I could just build identical, or because of dog height, I would need to plan ahead to adjust. Sorry if somewhere you already answered that, I just didn't see it. Thx

I'll get a measurement and let you know. The top of the deck is about 8" or just a little more off of the floor. I haven't measured from the top down though. Depending on your pooch, getting him/her in there may take some lifting. I would have to put one rear seat down and have my adult retriever come in from the side doors and then move her to the back. That, or I would just have to pick her up and put her in the back. I haven't tried it yet because she rides in our Yukon XL when we take her out.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I'll get a measurement and let you know. The top of the deck is about 8" or just a little more off of the floor. I haven't measured from the top down though. Depending on your pooch, getting him/her in there may take some lifting. I would have to put one rear seat down and have my adult retriever come in from the side doors and then move her to the back. That, or I would just have to pick her up and put her in the back. I haven't tried it yet because she rides in our Yukon XL when we take her out.

Baller with three rigs. ;)

catahoula

Caught the Bug

TheFett

Thanks Sharkey. Yeh mines a 85lb GSD who loves going for rides and as spoiled as she is she waits for me to pick her up to put her in anyway.....lol

chipper

I have the Aries security cargo lid. Having a soft top I needed the security. I can say I do like this deck, it definitely does what it's intended to do. However there are things that I'm finding about it that are making me wish I had made one myself. Like Sharkys.
The deck is well made and seems strong. I like how it incloses the whole trunk, so you can utilize every square inch. Tie down straps don't seem very strong. Will replace them soon. It rattles ... A lot. Having a softtop. It's hard to open and close the back window because the deck is in the way of rolling the window frame into the slots. Folding table is nice even though I don't see myself using it.
For my needs as of now, this will work. And will be better after Its modified to my liking. Here are some pics after the install.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446987132.053744.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446987167.221694.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446987281.137608.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446987231.712252.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446987313.677315.jpg

Edit : I did find a good reason to use the folding table feature yesterday. Had to buy a dishwasher and it was nice to fold the deck out of the way to give full access to the back so it would fit.

Last edited:

jku14

Hi I'm new.

I just got the new tuffy. Im still waiting on some replacement bushings for the hinges. When I called tuffy they said that some prototype bushings had made it out in to production and priority mailed me a new set.

Robertcrav

Besides the home built decks, has anyoune found one that works with a rear seat recline kit, like the one from WarPig? I spoke with the guys at Tuffy at the Off-Road Expo, and there just isnt enough room with the 326...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Hi I'm new.

I just got the new tuffy. Im still waiting on some replacement bushings for the hinges. When I called tuffy they said that some prototype bushings had made it out in to production and priority mailed me a new set.

Cool story bro.

jagrubb99

1476764762124.jpg 1476764776987.jpg 1476764788380.jpg 1476764805307.jpg So I have been working on a storage solution for the back of my 2 door over the last few weeks and finally finished it up last night. I really liked the way Sharkey had his supports set up so he could still get to the factory jack storage. Also, I wanted to retain full use of the rear seat with the deck installed so i knew my space inside would be limited, however it works for what I need it for and allows me to keep some things locked up with the doors off. I built it to be about the same height as the seat folded down so i would give me a little more of a flat surface in my cargo area with the rear seat folded down. I also used the spaces on the outside to store the usual basics I keep in the Jeep at all times. I attatched some pics of my finished product.

Top Bottom