2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Transmission will be...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just saw the following article on AllPar and according to their sources, it looks like the all new 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler may be getting the 2nd generation 8-speed 850RE transmission for gas engines and the HP75 transmission for the optional diesel engine. Check it out.

Wrangler transmissions chosen
by David Zatz on 2015-10-12

The 2018 Jeep Wrangler — and the 2019 pickup truck based on it — will get second-generation eight-speed automatics, according to reliable source oh2o. He pointed to two different automatics:

• 850RE (Chrysler-built, 500 Nm capacity) for the gasoline engines
• HP75 (ZF-built, 750 Nm capacity) for the diesel

The engines chosen for the trucks may be surprising, though not when considered in the context of the eight-speed automatic, which uses more of the engine’s power.

http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2015/10/wrangler-transmissions-chosen-30264

Jeep_Will

How sure are we that there will be a diesel wrangler? I personally would love a 2 door turbo diesel [emoji108]🏼

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder if the manuals are done?

It's funny you should ask as I had been wondering the same thing. I was pretty sure they were just going to keep the current NSG-370 6-speed but, you never hear anyone really talk about it. If the JL is anything like the new Renegade, a manual will be offered but only on lower end models like a Sport and that would be a shame.

How sure are we that there will be a diesel wrangler? I personally would love a 2 door turbo diesel [emoji108]

Unless something happens that nobody knows about, the JL should come with a diesel option.

Jeepnoub

Considering I just took a 6k loss on a 15 cherokee. I would stay away from anything with a zf tranny.

Although a 9 speed, so not the same. But just too much going on. With the wacky shift points, I almost rear ended someone every time I drove it.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Considering I just took a 6k loss on a 15 cherokee. I would stay away from anything with a zf tranny.

Although a 9 speed, so not the same. But just too much going on. With the wacky shift points, I almost rear ended someone every time I drove it.

Are you aware of the class action lawsuit? http://www.law360.com/articles/688528/chrysler-facing-class-action-over-jeep-transmission-defects

They listed as part of the damages from "the value of the vehicle is diminished because of its frequent and persistent problems".

Might be worth checking into since you suffered an actual loss. Most loss of diminution claims are always speculative.

Jeepnoub

Are you aware of the class action lawsuit? http://www.law360.com/articles/688528/chrysler-facing-class-action-over-jeep-transmission-defects

They listed as part of the damages from "the value of the vehicle is diminished because of its frequent and persistent problems".

Might be worth checking into since you suffered an actual loss. Most loss of diminution claims are always speculative.

I was wondering if a class action would get brought up. I will look into it. Although from the article it looks like they are talking about MY 2014 and I had a MY 2015. But I read of plenty of people online having the same issues with MY 2015.

Seffern249

Hi All,

Does anyone have an update on this? im looking at buying the new diesel jeep but i would rather have a manual then a automatic.

Regards,
Seff

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Hi All,

Does anyone have an update on this? im looking at buying the new diesel jeep but i would rather have a manual then a automatic.

Regards,
Seff

I haven't heard anything definitive yet. Hell, I went to my local dealer to see if there was any updates on the JL they knew about and was told there are no significant updates to the Wrangler they are aware of. WTF? After I explained the JL being unveiled this winter, all they responded with was " huh, the FCA guys didn't mention that at the car show". Really? I hate when non Jeep people sell Jeeps.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JMac79

I haven't heard anything definitive yet. Hell, I went to my local dealer to see if there was any updates on the JL they knew about and was told there are no significant updates to the Wrangler they are aware of. WTF? After I explained the JL being unveiled this winter, all they responded with was " huh, the FCA guys didn't mention that at the car show". Really? I hate when non Jeep people sell Jeeps.

I know the feeling. I am buying a new Jeep through the car sales program overseas, and it seemed like I was giving him more info than he was giving me.

jesse3638

Hooked
I know the feeling. I am buying a new Jeep through the car sales program overseas, and it seemed like I was giving him more info than he was giving me.
Same thing happened in 2011 when I was in the market. I mentioned the proposed changes coming for the 2012 and got the same response. Then a few weeks later he called me back and said my suspicions were right that the sales team had just been updated on new changes for the new wrangler. It's no wonder there are few salesmen who can help.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Just saw the following article on AllPar and according to their sources, it looks like the all new 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler may be getting the 2nd generation 8-speed 850RE transmission for gas engines and the HP75 transmission for the optional diesel engine. Check it out.

Wrangler transmissions chosen
by David Zatz on 2015-10-12

The 2018 Jeep Wrangler — and the 2019 pickup truck based on it — will get second-generation eight-speed automatics, according to reliable source oh2o. He pointed to two different automatics:

• 850RE (Chrysler-built, 500 Nm capacity) for the gasoline engines
• HP75 (ZF-built, 750 Nm capacity) for the diesel

The engines chosen for the trucks may be surprising, though not when considered in the context of the eight-speed automatic, which uses more of the engine’s power.

http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2015/10/wrangler-transmissions-chosen-30264

If it does as good a job of keeping the JL in the proper gear range, like the GM transmission on Moby, it may be really nice.

Top Bottom