2015 SEMA GoRhino Double Cab Jeep JK Wrangler Short Bed Pick-Up

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This Jeep JK Wrangler that GoRhino brought out to the 2015 SEMA Show was essentially a double cab pick-up only with a short JK-8 like bed. Definitely different. Here are some shots of what it looked like.

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

mshihadeh

It's a JK-EXT conversion from Michigan Vehicle Solutions, and is significantly cheaper than the Brute conversion (and also doesn't alter the wheelbase or cut the frame).

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
It's a JK-EXT conversion from Michigan Vehicle Solutions, and is significantly cheaper than the Brute conversion (and also doesn't alter the wheelbase or cut the frame).

Are they the same company that built that Plum Crazy Purple JK truck for SEMA a few years ago? That thing was sweet!

Tree Frog

Those D-ring mounts with the hook cut into them are a real good idea!

I sure hope the little step under the rock rail can be unbolted. Talk about a rock snagging anchor.

But overall it is pretty cool. I guess if you had a big muddy Dog then he could ride in the back.

mshihadeh

Are they the same company that built that Plum Crazy Purple JK truck for SEMA a few years ago? That thing was sweet!

Yep, it was 2012. That was the prototype for the EXT conversion. They've since turned it into a kit you can purchase, or optionally have them install it with a nice array of features.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Yep, it was 2012. That was the prototype for the EXT conversion. They've since turned it into a kit you can purchase, or optionally have them install it with a nice array of features.

Nice! I'm going to have to check that out. Is it in their website? I see the JK-EXT conversions are also being done by Rubitrux. Same conversion and actually way more affordable than some of the others. I've also been checking out ActionTrucks. They make a conversion that looks very similar to the JK8 but it is bolt on and only requires cutting. It is supposedly completely reversible too. Of course, not 4 door though.

mshihadeh

Nice! I'm going to have to check that out. Is it in their website? I see the JK-EXT conversions are also being done by Rubitrux. Same conversion and actually way more affordable than some of the others. I've also been checking out ActionTrucks. They make a conversion that looks very similar to the JK8 but it is bolt on and only requires cutting. It is supposedly completely reversible too. Of course, not 4 door though.

Rubitrux does the install, but the kits come from MVS. You really can't beat the 4 door. It doesn't add too much length as to look awkward, and the bed isn't a lot smaller than a JK8.

It is on their website but you have to call for pricing. Jim Thompson is your man.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Rubitrux does the install, but the kits come from MVS. You really can't beat the 4 door. It doesn't add too much length as to look awkward, and the bed isn't a lot smaller than a JK8.

It is on their website but you have to call for pricing. Jim Thompson is your man.

The jk8 bed is tiny. Damn near useless for a "truck" bed.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

I just noticed that this is the 5th informative post you've made regarding a SEMA build and even included a contact. Just out of curiosity, who do you work for?

BigPrince

The jk8 bed is tiny. Damn near useless for a "truck" bed.

I love it but my use isn't for a real truck, more just the ability to throw a deer in the bed after hunting or other similar size thing in the bed and it not be in the cab.

I just can't bring myself to pay the asking cost. The value isn't there for the cost. Make it cheaper and I might be convinced. Might even go for the hard top/bulkhead if they just sold that and the few additional bits to enclose the cab. I don't need the extension parts.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Curious Pig, can you tell me what the interior and exterior dimensions are of your JK8 bed? While I agree this bed, at 40"L X 43"w seems tiny, I thought the JK8 bed was considerably larger.

Sure thing, when I get home.

The interior is roomy, the seats can go all the way back and recline decent. I personal don't like the way the half cab looks. I think it's to long..

It looks best topless.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Sure thing, when I get home.

The interior is roomy, the seats can go all the way back and recline decent. I personal don't like the way the half cab looks. I think it's to long..

It looks best topless.

Awesome, I appreciate it. I was curious about interior room as well. I think the half cab on the JK8 looks more proportionate than the JK-EXT, but then again, i have never seen either in person. Id love to get a Brute, but that shit ain't happening at 90 Gs!

Top Bottom