GraniteCrystal build thread

BeniaminV

Colorado is very pro-America with gun laws for the most part. As far as the above mentioned issue of vehicles, you can legally carry a gun IN YOUR VEHICLE even when picking up your kids at school. Although it is federally illegal to have guns on any school property, your vehicle is considered YOUR personal property even if occupied on a school property. If you leave your vehicle unattended on the school property, however, the firearm must be in a locked container within the vehicle.

Same law applies in Illinois. Your vehicle is a safe haven for weapons. But as long as you exit the vehicle the firearm must be locked away. Your allowed to carry your firearm from inside the car to the trunk of the car that's it.

I hear Chicago is the safest city in America due to their strict gun laws ;)

Oh yes it is. It's so safe I conceal carry to go get my mail! Lol

And thus why I also have a Tuffy Security drawer

I have the under the driver seat bestop security box. I just have to damn install it :-(

Kansas is the same way as Colorado... You can open or concealed carry without a concealed carry license. Although it's not necessarily a wise idea to open carry everywhere because it just draws extra attention to yourself... it is nice. However I will say getting a CCW or concealed carry license is still the way to go. Especially in States like Illinois because I grew up in a true tri-state area. I'm from Iowa originally and from my parents house I can be in Missouri and 30 seconds in Illinois in about a minute or two. Whenever I go back...having a CCW license enables me to drive into Illinois with a loaded firearm. Although as soon as I exit the vehicle the gun has to be locked in a box or container.

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Actually Illinois doesn't recognize other states CCW. So having a concealed firearm on you while driving into Illinois is actually illegal. Especially if you get pulled over.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
Actually Illinois doesn't recognize other states CCW. So having a concealed firearm on you while driving into Illinois is actually illegal. Especially if you get pulled over.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app[/QUOTE]

I hate to disagree with you...but I just called on this a couple weeks ago. I called the Illinois highway patrol and the laws have changed. As long as you are a CCW holder at least from Kansas in my case, I'm allowed to carry the weapon on me or in the vehicle loaded but as soon as I exit the vehicle and has to be locked away.

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug

I hate to disagree with you...but I just called on this a couple weeks ago. I called the Illinois highway patrol and the laws have changed. As long as you are a CCW holder at least from Kansas in my case, I'm allowed to carry the weapon on me or in the vehicle loaded but as soon as I exit the vehicle and has to be locked away.<br />
<br />

BeniaminV

I hate to disagree with you...but I just called on this a couple weeks ago. I called the Illinois highway patrol and the laws have changed. As long as you are a CCW holder at least from Kansas in my case, I'm allowed to carry the weapon on me or in the vehicle loaded but as soon as I exit the vehicle and has to be locked away.<br />
<br />

Ah they must have changed that.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Colorado is very pro-America with gun laws for the most part. As far as the above mentioned issue of vehicles, you can legally carry a gun IN YOUR VEHICLE even when picking up your kids at school. Although it is federally illegal to have guns on any school property, your vehicle is considered YOUR personal property even if occupied on a school property. If you leave your vehicle unattended on the school property, however, the firearm must be in a locked container within the vehicle.

Whatever happened to that high capacity magazine ban, that caused all the recalls in the state government?

WJCO

Meme King
Pretty sure you need a concealed weapons permit to carry concealed

Correct in Colorado.

Whatever happened to that high capacity magazine ban, that caused all the recalls in the state government?

Last I heard, they were trying to repeal it, but truthfully I don't pay much attention because it is such a stupid law. According to a gun shop owner I talked with, you can still own any magazine you want but can't buy or sell them. So I can drive an hour to Cheyenne and buy one and legally bring it back to Colorado. Also you can still buy a limited magazine here in Colorado and buy the kit to expand it legally here in Colorado. So you can build your own high capacity magazine LEGALLY in Colorado and purchase all the parts here as well. People that can't tie their own shoes shouldn't be allowed to change laws. Of course these laws prevent criminals from killing people because a criminal would never own a high capacity magazine as they would be afraid of breaking the law. :crazyeyes:

Sorry for the hijack, Scott.

GraniteCrystal

Correct in Colorado.

Last I heard, they were trying to repeal it, but truthfully I don't pay much attention because it is such a stupid law. According to a gun shop owner I talked with, you can still own any magazine you want but can't buy or sell them. So I can drive an hour to Cheyenne and buy one and legally bring it back to Colorado. Also you can still buy a limited magazine here in Colorado and buy the kit to expand it legally here in Colorado. So you can build your own high capacity magazine LEGALLY in Colorado and purchase all the parts here as well. People that can't tie their own shoes shouldn't be allowed to change laws. Of course these laws prevent criminals from killing people because a criminal would never own a high capacity magazine as they would be afraid of breaking the law. :crazyeyes:

No, this has been a good discussion and it's stuff that interests me so all the better.

BeniaminV

Correct in Colorado.

Clip. They call it high capacity clip. Only true firearm enthusiasts call them correctly. Magazines! Lol

Top Bottom