Show Off Your Half Doors!

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Factory half doors here. I've run full doors and half doors on my CJ7 and on my JK's. I can honestly say I prefer half doors in any situation. Maybe I'm deaf and I don't know it, but I cannot hear a substantial difference in noise between full and half doors when running a soft top. I just drove a soft top, full door stock rig around for a week and noticed no significant difference in noise switching between the two. The only downfall to them I can see is that they do stain with mud and its a bitch to get the stains out. I have a few that I am pretty sure are permanent stains. Anyways, some pics.

IMG_1583.jpg
IMG_1596.jpg
IMG_1741.jpg
IMG_1743.jpg

I think Im really going to appreciate them when I move to Hawaii in a few months! :yup:

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Savvy aluminum halfs. Installed them today. They are compatible with Rugged Ridge uppers.

Would you mind posting or PM me some more shots of the door sill? I'd like to see those bolts at the top edge a little better. The new Savvy doors with the TJ handles look really good!

LasVegasJK

Would you mind posting or PM me some more shots of the door sill? I'd like to see those bolts at the top edge a little better. The new Savvy doors with the TJ handles look really good!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450761865.088652.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450761880.973437.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450761898.659289.jpg
I used stainless hardware. You could paint the hardware, but I like the look of the stainless hardware showing.
Or, most people assemble the doors before paint or powdercoat, so you can't really see the bolt heads. I had each piece done individually, because I wanted the top rails a different color.

RDE2ROK

Traded my full doors for a pair or half doors, Same color! I love them better than the full doors.:thumb:

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
View attachment 179025 View attachment 179026 View attachment 179027
I used stainless hardware. You could paint the hardware, but I like the look of the stainless hardware showing.
Or, most people assemble the doors before paint or powdercoat, so you can't really see the bolt heads. I had each piece done individually, because I wanted the top rails a different color.

Wow those doors look great, These may be on my list for the 4 door, just wish they would seal up.

Top Bottom