ODYSSEY Extreme Series Battery PC1220 for 2012-Up Jeep JK Wranglers

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
What's up Nick! Not trying to steal Sharkey's thunder, but I bought the 34R PC1500T about two weeks prior to our Barnwell trip. Fits perfect with the factory terminal cables. Fits great in the space for a 2014 JKUR. Just used the factory screw down clamps that hold on to the feet of the battery. Quick starts every time. It's also the same battery that winched you out of that situation at Barnwell. No dimming during winching. Although it hasn't been REALLY tested yet. But so far so good.
Got it at 4wheelparts local pick up for about $240ish.
You can see the clamp at the bottom of the battery. That was the only thing I couldn't get to line up perfectly straight. But it's super snug and the battery doesn't budge.
View attachment 210517

Awesome! Thats great to hear!

mastrcruse

PC1220 is now discontinued. What's the best to get now? I see there is a 34-PC1500T and it looks like a few have gotten that but is there another recommendation?

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
PC1220 is now discontinued. What's the best to get now? I see there is a 34-PC1500T and it looks like a few have gotten that but is there another recommendation?

I ended up getting the 34R-PC1500 like everyone else recommended and it works flawless with everything including winching.
If you have a 2012+ model, make sure you get the one with the R. The posts are reversed for the 3.6 motor.

mastrcruse

I ended up getting the 34R-PC1500 like everyone else recommended and it works flawless with everything including winching.
If you have a 2012+ model, make sure you get the one with the R. The posts are reversed for the 3.6 motor.

Very helpful. Thanks!

Andy5160

Hooked

Roger that! Make sure there is letter R in the model # and you good to go

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Awesome was just in the market for this. How hard is it to install a dual battery set up?

I installed the Genesis system on a 2008 JKUR. The only part I found difficult (frustrating would be a better description) was getting all of the OEM connectors back on the fuse box. There wasn't much room to work and it was a PITA.

Last edited:

mauijim

I installed the Genesis system on a 2008 JKUR. The only part I found difficult (frustrating would be a better description) was getting the all of the OEM connectors back on the fuse box. There wasn't much room to work and it was a PITA.

Ya I pretty much figured it would be a pita but worth it in the end. Thx

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
You may have enough loom to move the OEM box without undoing the connectors. Try it first, because it will save you a bunch of time. Unfortunately there was not enough room in the Jeep I worked on.

Journeyman

What's up Nick! Not trying to steal Sharkey's thunder, but I bought the 34R PC1500T about two weeks prior to our Barnwell trip. Fits perfect with the factory terminal cables. Fits great in the space for a 2014 JKUR. Just used the factory screw down clamps that hold on to the feet of the battery. Quick starts every time. It's also the same battery that winched you out of that situation at Barnwell. No dimming during winching. Although it hasn't been REALLY tested yet. But so far so good.
Got it at 4wheelparts local pick up for about $240ish.
You can see the clamp at the bottom of the battery. That was the only thing I couldn't get to line up perfectly straight. But it's super snug and the battery doesn't budge.
View attachment 210517

I believe your clamp at the bottom is upside down. If you turn it over it will push down and wedge the battery into the tray. IMG_1405.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

deezus

dang just checked the price on these. $285 cheapest I could find. How is it holding up? I have a new 14 wranlger but my wife's car needs a new battery so thinking of swapping my wrangler battery to her car and getting a better battery for the jeep.
I have this battery, I'm not sure if I got it because of Eddie's write up but it works great and we'll worth the cost.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKrob15

For those with the 34R 1500, did you find it difficult to secure the connections on terminal? I tighten to what I would expect for it to hold but it continues to slip off the terminal.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Omar Brannstrom

Hi from Sweden

In 2012 I found this excellent article and bought the pc1220 batteri for my Jeep wrangler 2 door Sahara, and I dont Think the 34R-PC1500 was for sale then. I imported it from Finland for about 400 dollars, was about 600 dollars here in Sweden.

My Odyssey PC1220 AGM battery was little weak after 6 years in my 2013 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon 10th Aniversary so I ordered a Odyssey 34R-PC1500 battery from England because it was so expensive here in Sweden, about 600 dollars and from England with shipment it was about 400 dollars. Anyway the PC1220 is still for sale in Europe, and is probably made in England and Odyssey do not sell them anymore in US. I ordered the 34R-PC1500 because it has better specs than the PC1220. Somebody at some US forum called odyssey and they sayd that the 1220 battery was not so good and it was made in England and recomended the 34R-PC1500 that was of better quality? and it was made in US.

No problem at al to install, no problem at al with the stock terminals.

The 1220 is larger but the 34R-PC1500 is about 1.9kg heavier. Both of them are a direct fit for my 2013 Rubicon with Pentastar petrol engine.

166872150.jpg

166872195.jpg

166872204.jpg

My old 1220 was slightly bigger but weigh 1.9kg less

166872147.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hi from Sweden

In 2012 I found this excellent article and bought the pc1220 batteri for my Jeep wrangler 2 door Sahara, and I dont Think the 34R-PC1500 was for sale then. I imported it from Finland for about 400 dollars, was about 600 dollars here in Sweden.

My Odyssey PC1220 AGM battery was little weak after 6 years in my 2013 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon 10th Aniversary so I ordered a Odyssey 34R-PC1500 battery from England because it was so expensive here in Sweden, about 600 dollars and from England with shipment it was about 400 dollars. Anyway the PC1220 is still for sale in Europe, and is probably made in England and Odyssey do not sell them anymore in US. I ordered the 34R-PC1500 because it has better specs than the PC1220. Somebody at some US forum called odyssey and they sayd that the 1220 battery was not so good and it was made in England and recomended the 34R-PC1500 that was of better quality? and it was made in US.

No problem at al to install, no problem at al with the stock terminals.

The 1220 is larger but the 34R-PC1500 is about 1.9kg heavier. Both of them are a direct fit for my 2013 Rubicon with Pentastar petrol engine.

My old 1220 was slightly bigger but weigh 1.9kg less

As you have mentioned, this is an old article and the 34R-PC1500 was not available at the time when it was written. The PC1200 is no longer sold in the US and the 34R-PC1500 is what I would recommend.

2011jk

Question, will the 34R-PC1500 fit a 2018 JK and is their a dual terminal version that will fit?

The 34M-PC1500ST looks to fit but I'll need to see if the 3/8 inch positive and 5/16 inch negative thread SS stud terminals can be adapted to normal SAE posts to hook up the jk terminals. And where to find them.

Thanks

Last edited:
Top Bottom