Jeep JK Wrangler Front Axle Shaft Removal & Replacement Write-Up + VIDEO

LeighP

Thanks for the clear video and pics......these "how to" write ups are great! Your write up on the EVO skid armour really helped when I fitted it.

chttrbx

Currently working on my 08 passenger side axle shaft won't reinstall due to something metal on the other side of the inner seal? Wtf ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1451750476.298217.jpg could it be?

Pull that piece of plastic out. That bar looking piece( it's shinny) is supposed to be there. Just twist the shaft a little as it is about to bottom out in the carrier.

Tomsryt

Thank you for a concise and easy to follow write-up and video.
I'm sure my daughter will now let me know it'll only take me ten minutes to complete the task.

Is the procedure the same for G2 or Yukon shafts?
I have the means, and I prefer to keep my money going to people who have the same standard of living, and expenses, as I do.
I'm not looking down my nose at anyone else, but I'm retired from a trade and it's just a personal decision.

Last edited:

deezus

You can slide the new shaft in easily without it and will not damage the inner seal as long as you go easy and take your time

That's what she said.

Great write up I'm getting ready to do my ball joints and axle shafts.

mbmast

So I noticed the giant wheels (40" ?) and spacer and was wondering why there were no c-gussets being used.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
So I noticed the giant wheels (40" ?) and spacer and was wondering why there were no c-gussets being used.

Because that's a Prorock 44 and they aren't needed.

The spacer was used to match the bolt pattern and width of the rear full float prorock 60.

jayc04

Such a great help - AWESOME resource!

Eddie - Thank you for such a great post and video. I had a bad Ujoint discovered after a great day of wheeling, and this helped me complete the job with confidence. Many thanks!

Jay in CO

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie - Thank you for such a great post and video. I had a bad Ujoint discovered after a great day of wheeling, and this helped me complete the job with confidence. Many thanks!

Jay in CO

Glad to hear I could be of help :cool:

Top Bottom