Wines of the Week

sipafz

Caught the Bug
IMG_4384.jpg

We had a new Rose last night. I was encouraged by the color since its been my experience that the lighter the color the more I seem to like. Unfortunately this particular wine didn't meet expectations. Not as dry and has a slight sour finish like a grape fruit quality that I'm just not into.

JAGS

Hooked
Just got our club shipment in from McGrail, in Livermore CA.

View attachment 254402

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Always good to get those special delivery boxes. My wife says I have problem, cuz I keep joining new clubs. Lol. Interested to hear about them when you open them up. [emoji485][emoji485]

View attachment 254706

We had a new Rose last night. I was encouraged by the color since its been my experience that the lighter the color the more I seem to like. Unfortunately this particular wine didn't meet expectations. Not as dry and has a slight sour finish like a grape fruit quality that I'm just not into.

Rose's are an odd wine. Your experience here has been mine over the last couple years as they've regained popularity.

JAGS

Hooked
Pulled a couple bottles from our cellar and put in the kitchen storage...

View attachment 254951

Some Rhones...

View attachment 254952

And some Bordeaux's...

Viva La France!

You win!! I love me some Rhones and Bordeaux's, but my varietals are usually locally grown. Some of the soils are similar, but id have no clue how to pick authentically.

I'm going to take it you travel and/or have friends and family who can send you those. Very cool either way.

Will make what I'm drinking tonight a little less exciting. [emoji23][emoji23] Cheers none the less. [emoji485][emoji485]

JAGS

Hooked
I can barely pronounce this. But it was fucking delicious. Grown in Santa Barbara wine country. 2013 Malvasia Bianca, which my understanding is a locally grown Spanish varietal. It taste pretty much spot on to the notes on the bottle. Went great with grilled fajitas.

Really wish I'd picked up more than one bottle!

IMG_1526.jpg

IMG_1530.jpg

Always good to get those special delivery boxes. My wife says I have problem, cuz I keep joining new clubs. Lol. Interested to hear about them when you open them up. [emoji485][emoji485]

Rose's are an odd wine. Your experience here has been mine over the last couple years as they've regained popularity.

I love the clubs. We do a wine club. I used to do the bacon of the month club...you laugh now, but it was an incredible surprise whenever it showed up lol. I also have a clothing club membership because I hate clothes shopping.

So tried the Chardonnay today and it was awesome. McGrail puts out good stuff and we've never been disappointed. Signed up when we were in Livermore for a friends wedding a year or so ago. Beautiful area and wine country, outside the main two that everyone knows of (Napa and Sonoma).

Brute

Hooked
I can barely pronounce this. But it was fucking delicious. Grown in Santa Barbara wine country. 2013 Malvasia Bianca, which my understanding is a locally grown Spanish varietal. It taste pretty much spot on to the notes on the bottle. Went great with grilled fajitas.

Really wish I'd picked up more than one bottle!

View attachment 254995

View attachment 254996

We love any wine that tastes good to you at the moment...that's what wine is all about

p38

Caught the Bug
Had a birthday a couple days ago and decided to dig into the cellar and try a 1984 Beaulieu Cabernet. It lost some color and a little of the fuit - but after about 30 minutes it opened up and was very drinkable. We passed the time with the Krug.

18056227_10208814168931128_3814993137594858594_o.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
It's that time again. Tonight I'm drinking a 2012 Cab from the santa Ynez valley.

Needed to open up for a bit, but once it did...delicious. [emoji485]

IMG_1550.jpg

Brute

Hooked
Given your fondness/knowledge for French wines, what are you hearing about the real impact of this chill or frost they are experiencing. From what I'm reading, it could be really bad for the region.

It's really bad...it will impact both the quality & quantity of wines coming from both Bordeaux, Burgundy (arrgh) and central France...

Buy Cali, Oregon & WA wines for 2017 vintage...

JAGS

Hooked
It's really bad...it will impact both the quality & quantity of wines coming from both Bordeaux, Burgundy (arrgh) and central France...

Buy Cali, Oregon & WA wines for 2017 vintage...

Yeah, that's pretty much exactly what I'm reading. Sucks for the region as I've already read for some it could impact them enough to put them in financial hardship. Guessing this would be for very small vineyards/wineries.

If you want any hidden central Cali gems/varietals, let me know. That's pretty much what I buy already. [emoji485][emoji485]

Brute

Hooked
Yeah, that's pretty much exactly what I'm reading. Sucks for the region as I've already read for some it could impact them enough to put them in financial hardship. Guessing this would be for very small vineyards/wineries.

If you want any hidden central Cali gems/varietals, let me know. That's pretty much what I buy already. [emoji485][emoji485]

That sounds good...

Top Bottom