Rear storage: what's your setup

Irish Pirate

Forgive the bad pic. I took out my rear seat and put in a box. I attached a couple cables in the back that are locked to the old seatbelt brackets. This way it's easily removed but don't need to worry about it getting stolen.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1452862973.072556.jpg

It's worked well. But as I move into more off road stuff and camping I want to build/install something with better organization. Something like : ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1452863065.410937.jpg or ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1452863083.562060.jpg

What I'd really like is something that has 2 or 3 drawers on the front. And a different storage space in the rear that can be divided. All with a top that can be raised. I can pull the drawers out for the front or lift the lid and have access to the rear.

Anyway, I'm curious what you have done. How do you keep things organized back there. Did you build or buy. As always pictures are always appreciated

I usually just get a couple rubber maid containers and some stout wood to lay down and just load up the tool box and all the essentials

GraniteCrystal

I have no pictures since it's a work in progress, but basic idea I'm going with is two metal supports going left to right and bolted in using the existing hard top anchor points. Then a shelf made of two pieces of plywood goes on top of that, dividing the rear into top and bottom with a considerable space on the bottom (ie the shelf is higher up than most you see). Underneath I plan on putting one large plastic square tub. The tub can either hold gear or animal carcass.

Mine is meant to be useful mostly for hunting/camping. Gear and backpacks go up top; four quarters of an elk or an entire deer could fit in the tub below (depending on rack size).

If I were doing storage more as a rock crawler with lots of hand tools, I'd probably split it up into smaller compartments but this could also be accomplished using small grab bags and loading up the lower compartment.

Top Bottom