The 2017 Great Texas Exodus!

moteaux

Right now the tentative date to start is 9/21/17.

Day 1: Make the long boring drive out of Texas to Albuquerque.

Day 2: Travel to Ouray and check in at the KOA. Relax and take it easy the rest of the day.

Day 3: Black Bear Pass in the morning to Telluride where we'll eat lunch. In the afternoon we'll take Imogene Pass back to Ouray.

Day 4: Travel the 65 miles of the Alpine Loop Scenic Byway. Engineer Pass to Lake City, then back around Ouray through Cinnamon Pass and California pass. Inspect rigs for travel.

Day 5: Break camp and travel to Moab. Set up camp and then run Top of the World.

Just curious if any consideration has been given to start time on the trails. The wife had a chance to drive over from Denver, but it would likely mean that she arrives just in time to get in the jeep and go.

I realize it's sometime out, but trying to see if this is even a remote chance for her to join for the Colorado trail portion. And then I would still tell her another hour or so earlier! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exodus 4x4

Just curious if any consideration has been given to start time on the trails. The wife had a chance to drive over from Denver, but it would likely mean that she arrives just in time to get in the jeep and go.

I realize it's sometime out, but trying to see if this is even a remote chance for her to join for the Colorado trail portion. And then I would still tell her another hour or so earlier! [emoji3]

Yes we definitely will have to organize this a bit more to ensure everything that is planned gets done, and that includes start times. With a large group such as this there's no way we can afford to leave camp when everyone finally feels like rolling out.

Most likely we'll be breaking down in to at least 2 separate groups to help keep things moving on the trails in case something happens. Unfortunately we are still too far out to determine what those those groups look like. I'd love to tell you exactly how everything is going to go but the truth is people will come and go from this run all the way up to the day we actually go, so the longer I can wait to fine tune it the better.

I would imagine that we will most likely be departing camp every day between 7:45 and 8:00, but don't hold me to that. Things can and probably will change.

moteaux

Unfortunately we are still too far out to determine what those those groups look like. I'd love to tell you exactly how everything is going to go but the truth is people will come and go from this run all the way up to the day we actually go, so the longer I can wait to fine tune it the better.

I would imagine that we will most likely be departing camp every day between 7:45 and 8:00, but don't hold me to that. Things can and probably will change.

Honestly that's about what I expected as a reply, but if I at least have something to tell her to shoot for, it's somewhere for me to start with her.

Think her plan is to drive most of the way from Denver or Grand Junction, then overnight in a motel, and drive in in the morning. If I can tell her we pull out at latest at 8am but she needs to be there by 7 am. She's a stickler for schedules so she will be there.

Or she may say hell no! That's too far to drive and too dang early!!!

Kyle7R

It will will. At least the CO part. I've seent it!

I assume you will be starting with us in south Texas? We need a solid Texas Exodus convoy.......
Oh for sure, 30+ hours on the road for some wheeling? I'm in!
Awesome, by the way i am moving to Colorado Springs after this trip, maybe we can do some wheel'n.

Absolutely man! What's bringing you up to the Rockies?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Romac2223

Oh for sure, 30+ hours on the road for some wheeling? I'm in!

Absolutely man! What's bringing you up to the Rockies?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

I just got a sweet deal on a House and luckily I have a job that allows me to live anywhere in the country, I've been looking up there every since I got my Jeep. So I will making a true Exodus. I'm running with the group up there and then to the house after Moab. :yup:

Benito

Caught the Bug
Has the route been planned to get to Albuquerque? On my way out I was going to stop in El Paso to pick up my dad, and then meet everyone in Albuquerque.

Exodus 4x4

Has the route been planned to get to Albuquerque? On my way out I was going to stop in El Paso to pick up my dad, and then meet everyone in Albuquerque.

It's a free for all to Albuquerque. Might be a few leaving on 10 and breaking off in Junction to Eden, then to San Angelo, Roswell, and up to Albuquerque. At least that's my plan.

Jackal01

It's a free for all to Albuquerque. Might be a few leaving on 10 and breaking off in Junction to Eden, then to San Angelo, Roswell, and up to Albuquerque. At least that's my plan.

Right now, I think, our plan is to leave weds night. Maybe drive halfway or so to Albuquerque. Then get to KOA early/mid day Thursday. Are we then convoying from there to Ouray or is Ouray the meeting place? I assume those staying there will ride together and not wait for the rest of the group (unless they specifically plan to meet us at whatever our departure time is).

Exodus 4x4

Right now, I think, our plan is to leave weds night. Maybe drive halfway or so to Albuquerque. Then get to KOA early/mid day Thursday. Are we then convoying from there to Ouray or is Ouray the meeting place? I assume those staying there will ride together and not wait for the rest of the group (unless they specifically plan to meet us at whatever our departure time is).

The Houston crowd is welcome to stay at my place (camp) and depart as a convoy together. I was thinking most everyone else would race to Albuquerque and then convoy to Ouray.

iRonin

Checkin' back in on this thread to re-confirm my attendance. Little early but put me down for a hoodie but charge me $50 to help offset costs and time - the design looks amazing. Also let us know if/where/when we need to book any specific hotel nights or if they'll just be in blocks- can't wait!

Exodus 4x4

Checkin' back in on this thread to re-confirm my attendance. Little early but put me down for a hoodie but charge me $50 to help offset costs and time - the design looks amazing. Also let us know if/where/when we need to book any specific hotel nights or if they'll just be in blocks- can't wait!

Awesome dude, appreciate the reconfirm! I included the itinerary in the first post. I'm almost certain everyone is booking the same KOA cabins in each town, just tell them you're with the Wayalife group and they should put you close by.

Romac2223

I'm checking in as well, I got my rig just about done
I put in 3.5" lift, 35s on some sweet looking wheels. Just waiting to get my Adams drive shafts and some hard rock skids. I've also booked Albuquerque & Orauy kOA and by the way they still have cabins available I think the are $88 a night I'm staying in a tent but they still have a few cabins left, it sounds like they have you cabin dwellers spread out a little but it should be ok, is anyone else do a tent? Anyway can't wait this is going to be awesome. IMG_0206.JPG IMG_0202.JPG IMG_0203.JPG don't laugh I'm still learning how to flex!!!

Jackal01

I'm checking in as well, I got my rig just about done
I put in 3.5" lift, 35s on some sweet looking wheels. Just waiting to get my Adams drive shafts and some hard rock skids. I've also booked Albuquerque & Orauy kOA and by the way they still have cabins available I think the are $88 a night I'm staying in a tent but they still have a few cabins left, it sounds like they have you cabin dwellers spread out a little but it should be ok, is anyone else do a tent? Anyway can't wait this is going to be...don't laugh I'm still learning how to flex!!!
They should be grouping some of us together. If not, nbd. I'm bringing a tent but that's for until the official run. We are staying another 10 days and will be camping.

Are you keeping those side steps? Going with a slider of some kind perhaps? Looking good though.

Romac2223

Ok just booked Moab KOA and they have a lot of cabins left. Also they said a lot of jeep traffic in September should be lots of fun. Can I get a count of how many are in tent. Don't want to be the only one thanks.

Buster3479

First leg of "pre-exodus testing" complete!

8.5 hours from MD to Windrock
3 days of wheeling
12 hours from Windrock to MD

New 60/60 hardcore package is working well. Perfectly confident everything will be dialed in prior to September. My wife booked KOA's in both locations, but I think it was cabins, not tents. I'll post up the details when we get caught up from being gone.

Top Bottom