Used AVE ProCal - how can you tell it's been cleared?

bonedaddy

Hey guys, looking at a used ProCal for my JKU and the guy said it's been cleared, he followed the instructions and it's good to go - but if there a way to tell if it is alright? I'd hate to buy it and then be stuck with a dead unit - he doesn't have the 2013 JK anymore, he cleared it before he sold it... unit is 2 years old...

Any help/Advice would be great.

Thanks - Donnie

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Hey guys, looking at a used ProCal for my JKU and the guy said it's been cleared, he followed the instructions and it's good to go - but if there a way to tell if it is alright? I'd hate to buy it and then be stuck with a dead unit - he doesn't have the 2013 JK anymore, he cleared it before he sold it...

Any help/Advice would be great.

Thanks - Donnie

I think you'll have to plug it into your vehicle and see if it accepts it. How are you buying it? In person or online?

gtaion

Be careful, the procal's are notorious to fail even if they were reset properly. That's why AEV says not to buy a used one.

bonedaddy

i will meet up with him and plug it in and see if it accepts it, I should know right away it is does or doesn't correct?

bonedaddy

Well, got me a ProCal! Works as it's suppose to, got the speedo within -1 to -2 (not sure how much I can trust the MPH app) but I may try adjusting the tire size up a bit, have it set for 34.5 with the KM2's...

Also did my DRL's ... all right there in the parking lot with the guy...

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Be careful, the procal's are notorious to fail even if they were reset properly. That's why AEV says not to buy a used one.

Sounds like a great scam to sell more procals lol. I sold my old one to the guy that bought my wheels/tires for cost, so he can drive home with the correct tire size already programmed. Had the box, instructions, even the little silver baggie. Sold it for the same price as a new one costs on quadratec, only he didn't have to wait.

MattMc

Slightly off topic, but I just bought a new Procal and was reading through the instructions. I swear it does not tell how to reset it. It just says that it is VIN locked until it is reset.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
The quick reference guide shows a Restore setting. First 3 dips switches are down, rest are up.

To finish the process, do this, then plug into the Jeep it's locked to, and it will erase all programming from said jeep, and unlock the procal again.

whispike

Can someone help me out here? I used my Procal to set my TPMS down to 22psi so that I can run 28psi in my tires without the TPMS blinking all the time. Well it stopped blinking but I still have an warning light on my dash that looks like this (!). Shouldn't that have been cleared too or does it mean something else?

Heholua

Can someone help me out here? I used my Procal to set my TPMS down to 22psi so that I can run 28psi in my tires without the TPMS blinking all the time. Well it stopped blinking but I still have an warning light on my dash that looks like this (!). Shouldn't that have been cleared too or does it mean something else?

Was the caution light on before you programmed it? If so, air your tires back up to get the light off, then reprogram and air back down to 28.

whispike

Was the caution light on before you programmed it? If so, air your tires back up to get the light off, then reprogram and air back down to 28.

Ok, yes it was. I will try that. I thought he Procal would clear it also. Thanks for the help!

Top Bottom