HighwayTrout's build

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sad part is these parts have been sitting on the garage floor for months.

Dynatrac ball joints and ProGrip brakes.
Really looking forward to installing and feeling the difference in the brakes. The ball joints are way over due. Almost certain it's my stock ball joints causing some issues in my front end.

Also looking real hard at the new PSC steering box. Just haven't decided to go that route or ram assist.

And I swear I'm cutting the fenders! Haha Constantly rubbing and damn near tearing off the rears when the tires grab is getting ridiculous.

That's the worst - having parts that need to get installed and not having the time to work on anything. :icon_crazy:

There is lame. Then there is doing a brake job on your commuter instead of installing Pro Grips on my Jeep lame.

Ugh. Maybe next week...

IMG_5574.jpg .

Well after being put away for the past 5 months it's finally time to pull it out into the sun and drive it. And just maybe install all those parts laying on the garage floor....

#Barnfind
IMG_6139.JPG .

Months of barn dust (termites) and owl crap had to be washed off. Gotta love a pressure washer.
IMG_6157.JPG .

I started it and moved it today to cut the weeds that grew out of the driveway. So basically I wheeled the shit out of it. [emoji23][emoji23]
Fired it up and backed it into its new resting place. Haven’t touched it since January [emoji17]
IMG_1597.jpg .

Shock ready to be shipped out. lol
IMG_1598.jpg .

Last edited:
I know how to fix that...install a couple fly rod tubes...

I always pictured my Jeep decked out with rod vaults and always ready to jump in and find a stream or hit the surf. But hell. I should honestly just sell the thing.

This may be more miles driven than Piginajeep...
IMG_2361.jpg .
33 miles all year. (Post New Years run)

Had a few minutes today set aside to figure out where I’m at with this thing.
Tightened loose crap on the suspension. Everything was loose. Everything. Adjusted the tire carrier and got it rattle free again. See how long it lasts this time. But the main deal today was to actually make it drive-able. In went a new Exudos drag link. Happy to report the wheels/steering wheel are straight and no more stability control going crazy.

IMG_2352.jpg .
So now I’m in bed feeling about a dozen or so metal splinters in my arms and hands from reaming the knuckle and pitman arm.

Top Bottom