Jeeping trails in Montana

Bathtub23

My family and I just moved to montana (close to billings) and we are looking for jeeping trails close by. I have purchased the book for western montana and plan to use it after school is out for summer. But until then we would love any info on places to go take the jeep out and do some exploring.

GraniteCrystal

I'm from Bozeman. Lots of fun roads around there. Probably not a lot of rock crawling, more so forest service roads through the woods. Never had a Jeep when I lived there though so could be wrong.

Start planning a trip to Yellowstone and Glacier now. Both are must sees. Be sure to bring bear spray and don't pet the bison :)

wyorubi

My family is planning a reunion in the Redlodge area and I have been doing some trail research. I found a couple trails by Redlodge and Cook City. Benbow jeep trail is north of Redlodge and looks pretty decent, though I did read if you go close to June the trail may have trees fallen on it as its pretty dense, so a chainsaw is a must. There is a 4x4 club in Billings that takes care of the Benbow trail. Goose lake (I think thats what it is called) is by Cook City and people usually run it after doing the Morrison Jeep trail and it also looks pretty good. Theres also the pryor mountains by Redlodge but I havent done a whole lot of research on them. Hope this helps, the Billings forest service has maps for these areas also.

sunnysideup

Neighbors!

My family and I just moved to montana (close to billings) and we are looking for jeeping trails close by. I have purchased the book for western montana and plan to use it after school is out for summer. But until then we would love any info on places to go take the jeep out and do some exploring.

I'm in the billings area too, lived here most of my life. I'm also part of the rimrock 4x4 club out of Billings. We are going out next sat. We leave the parking lot of the Laurel IGA at 8:00am. We are going up Clark fork canyon to the base of the switchbacks and hiking back to some frozen falls. This is mostly rocks and sand, only about a 2 on a scale of 1 -5. We will return by going to check out a section of a nearby trail that was washed out in the spring, and we are going to see if it's passable, then it will be unto a road over to Red Lodge... With lots of snow banks to get through. If you want to check out some local trails, you can look at my YouTube channel "pastorjohnmontana" ... From there you can see videos of many of the trails in our area. Hope you can make the trip, should be a lot of fun... And you will be only one of two or three Jks...

Bathtub23

I'm in the billings area too, lived here most of my life. I'm also part of the rimrock 4x4 club out of Billings. We are going out next sat. We leave the parking lot of the Laurel IGA at 8:00am. We are going up Clark fork canyon to the base of the switchbacks and hiking back to some frozen falls. This is mostly rocks and sand, only about a 2 on a scale of 1 -5. We will return by going to check out a section of a nearby trail that was washed out in the spring, and we are going to see if it's passable, then it will be unto a road over to Red Lodge... With lots of snow banks to get through. If you want to check out some local trails, you can look at my YouTube channel "pastorjohnmontana" ... From there you can see videos of many of the trails in our area. Hope you can make the trip, should be a lot of fun... And you will be only one of two or three Jks...

That does sound like a good time but sadly I work on Friday - Sunday every week. But thanks a bunch for the invite and I will check out the videos. perhaps some time when I get some vacation scheduled we can make something work out

Top Bottom