Close

Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 64654555657 LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 561
  1. #551
    Knows a Thing or Two zimm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    684
    I left them on. You can use plastic pieces as wedges to get the fronts off the supports enough to cut them. Between a sawzall, 4.5" cutting wheel, and a jig saw, it came out great in a couple of hours.

    Watch this video- he's obviously in a hurry because in the comments he says he did 7 jeeps in one go. But pay attention to how he does the rears. I did the same- quick cut, yank and done! That's at the 5 min mark.


    Last edited by zimm; 05-18-2017 at 08:29 PM.
    2015 JKU Rubicon

  2. #552
    That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Madison, MS
    Posts
    6,615
    Quote Originally Posted by zimm View Post
    I left them on. You can use plastic pieces as wedges to get the fronts off the supports enough to cut them. Between a sawzall, 4.5" cutting wheel, and a jig saw, it came out great in a couple of hours.

    Watch this video- he's obviously in a hurry because in the comments he says he did 7 jeeps in one go. But pay attention to how he does the rears. I did the same- quick cut, yank and done! That's at the 5 min mark.


    Thanks!


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  3. #553
    Hooked Breer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Mount Dora, FL
    Posts
    115
    FINALLY! I can participate in this thread. I think I have saved about half of the pictures from here trying to figure out what I wanted to do.IMG_3184.jpgIMG_3188.jpgIMG_3187.jpg


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  4. #554
    Hooked XJADDICTION's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    231
    A friend who went totally fabfours, (I know) gave me her cut flares. Just a start to my build in October. Pic of her jeep with volleyball team before her fabfour build

    IMG_2634.JPGIMG_0598.JPG


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  5. #555
    Knows a Thing or Two VeruGE*144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Illinois, Chicago
    Posts
    681
    Quote Originally Posted by XJADDICTION View Post
    A friend who went totally fabfours, (I know) gave me her cut flares. Just a start to my build in October. Pic of her jeep with volleyball team before her fabfour build

    IMG_2634.JPGIMG_0598.JPG


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I like lines on those, they look good.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  6. #556
    Hooked XJADDICTION's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    231
    Thankscan't wait to put them on


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  7. #557
    Knows a Thing or Two VeruGE*144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Illinois, Chicago
    Posts
    681
    Quote Originally Posted by XJADDICTION View Post
    Thankscan't wait to put them on


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Can you post up more pics once you get those on? I think I want to do something like this.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  8. #558
    Hooked XJADDICTION's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    231
    You bet. I will start a build thread but waiting for one year anniversary to do so. Will be in October.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  9. #559
    Caught the Bug Outdoorsman_JK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    53
    For the guys that have cut their fenders using a multitool. What blade did you use?

    I used a blade like this when stubbying my front stock bumper. It worked great, but was wondering if anyone has tried different blade types with a multitool and what produced the best results.

    blade.jpg

  10. #560
    Nothing but a Thing Sheaffadelic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Carlisle, PA
    Posts
    1,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman_JK View Post
    For the guys that have cut their fenders using a multitool. What blade did you use?

    I used a blade like this when stubbying my front stock bumper. It worked great, but was wondering if anyone has tried different blade types with a multitool and what produced the best results.

    blade.jpg
    Thats the same blade i used... seems easier to make curves following the lines of the fenders compared to the squared off blades
    #MiaKhalifa

Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 64654555657 LastLast


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •