Cut Fender Thread

GraniteCrystal

Did you just slip in on and shrink it with heat gun, or put a little glue inside of it?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Usually comes with glue inside of it. A little heat probably wouldn't hurt. I've heard of guys adding their own glue inside as well since the stock stuff sometimes isn't the best.

If you do your cuts clean enough, you don't need the edging though. I don't have it on mine.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Usually comes with glue inside of it. A little heat probably wouldn't hurt. I've heard of guys adding their own glue inside as well since the stock stuff sometimes isn't the best.

If you do your cuts clean enough, you don't need the edging though. I don't have it on mine.

Ok i see.
I think I remember seeing that you cut painted flares. I have two set of flares black and painted to match my billet silver color. I think I want to cut the painted ones and save to black ones for the winter to have a bit more coverage. I will definitely shoot for clean cuts to avoid the trim

Thanks bud,

GraniteCrystal

Ok i see.
I think I remember seeing that you cut painted flares. I have two set of flares black and painted to match my billet silver color. I think I want to cut the painted ones and save to black ones for the winter to have a bit more coverage. I will definitely shoot for clean cuts to avoid the trim

Thanks bud,

Here is link to when I did mine. Pic of tool I used included.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?p=858643

WJCO

Meme King
If you do use the trim, use extra glue around all the spots where the stuff changes direction. Even with extra glue, ours come off from time to time. Even though we cleaned the edges with alcohol.

0517171020.jpg

zimm

Caught the Bug
Lay the roll of edging out in the sun and let it get soft before trying to put it on. Some parts of the fenders are thicker than door sheet metal, so it can be tricky to coerce that stuff into place.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I left them on. You can use plastic pieces as wedges to get the fronts off the supports enough to cut them. Between a sawzall, 4.5" cutting wheel, and a jig saw, it came out great in a couple of hours.

Watch this video- he's obviously in a hurry because in the comments he says he did 7 jeeps in one go. But pay attention to how he does the rears. I did the same- quick cut, yank and done! That's at the 5 min mark.

Last edited:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I left them on. You can use plastic pieces as wedges to get the fronts off the supports enough to cut them. Between a sawzall, 4.5" cutting wheel, and a jig saw, it came out great in a couple of hours.

Watch this video- he's obviously in a hurry because in the comments he says he did 7 jeeps in one go. But pay attention to how he does the rears. I did the same- quick cut, yank and done! That's at the 5 min mark.

Thanks!

Breer

Caught the Bug
FINALLY! I can participate in this thread. I think I have saved about half of the pictures from here trying to figure out what I wanted to do. IMG_3184.jpg IMG_3188.jpg IMG_3187.jpg

For the guys that have cut their fenders using a multitool. What blade did you use?

I used a blade like this when stubbying my front stock bumper. It worked great, but was wondering if anyone has tried different blade types with a multitool and what produced the best results.

blade.jpg

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
For the guys that have cut their fenders using a multitool. What blade did you use?

I used a blade like this when stubbying my front stock bumper. It worked great, but was wondering if anyone has tried different blade types with a multitool and what produced the best results.

View attachment 259955

Thats the same blade i used... seems easier to make curves following the lines of the fenders compared to the squared off blades

Top Bottom