Filterable info from traildamage.com

GraniteCrystal

This is a condensed view of all the trails on traildamage.com. In no way is this meant to be a replacement for the invaluable knowledge available on traildamage.com. Those folks have spent hundreds of hours creating that knowledge based and my heartfelt thanks goes out to them for doing so.

This was created simply because I lacked a good way to filter trails. For example, I may want to know all trails that are in the 4-7 difficulty range with some great scenery in certain counties. That feature isn't available to me on traildamage.com but is easily done using this spreadsheet. Use the dropdowns at the top of each column to filter based on what you want.

If you work for traildamage.com and find this to be a violation of any of your legal rights, please get in touch and I'll be happy to take it down.

If you like this and want to filter by more stuff, shoot me a pm.

The data on the TrailList sheet has to be editable for you to be able to filter/sort it. Please, do not change any of the values and use Ctrl+Z if you accidentally do change something. I'll do periodic refreshes of the data in case people try to screw with it.

Disclaimer: google docs allows multiple editors, so things might get a little wonky when multiple people are filtering/sorting. In general, there will probably only be 1 person at a time on here so it shouldn't be a problem.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AhDyXf91m0VhUveQLHTdv42KBqC6AAq1RyHEqMIkCgc/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:

8POUND

This is awesome! Thanks for taking the time to do this and post it here. I'm sure others will benefit.

rla1022

I rehashed and created a copy so that multiple people can be in there

Thanks! Let me know if there's other info you'd want on there. Hope it helps!
Thanks for doing this. I copied your doc and shared it below so that we can now have 2 at a time in it :) Is there any way to add an address to where the trail starts ? We would then plot it on a map ?

Last edited:

GraniteCrystal

Thanks for doing this. I copied your doc and shared it below so that we can now have 2 at a time in it :) Is there any way to add an address to where the trail starts ? We would then plot it on a map ?

Good idea! I can do you one better; I just created some copies of the sheet within my google doc. This way I can keep the data updated simultaneously. I'd prefer for there not to be a lot of copies of this out there so if you could remove the reference to your link so people aren't confused that'd be great. Thanks.

I'll think through the map idea...might be a way to do it

Last edited:

rla1022

Map

Good idea! I can do you one better; I just created some copies of the sheet within my google doc. This way I can keep the data updated simultaneously. I'd prefer for there not to be a lot of copies of this out there so if you could remove the reference to your link so people aren't confused that'd be great. Thanks.

I'll think through the map idea...might be a way to do it

If you can get the me the addresses, I might have the software to do it easily.

Top Bottom