FrankenWillys

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Got the axle back in and all put back together. My brother (RedBeard) should be able to get it home and work on it while I'm on deployment. Drives nice and straight by the way. IMG_4428.jpg IMG_4478.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Man that's a nice collection you all have. I look forward to seeing it all done. [emoji106]

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Sad day today. I let the CJ-3 go. It had sat in my garage for a year and it was a shame to let it sit there. Plus I was spreading myself a little thin with my other projects. On the bright side, more jeep parts for the JK! IMG_4035.jpg

RedBeard

Very proud of the old gal! Made it three hours on the highway from Seattle to Vancouver. It actually held pretty steady at 60mph and didn't need to stop for gas on the way. Definitely need some sort of heat shield for the firewall, feet were a little warm!

Attachments

• IMG_0191.jpg
    IMG_0191.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 97

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Thread revival!

Well we’ve been planning our trip to Moab and we had the crazy idea of taking the Willys down with us. Not on a trailer but drive the 17 hour trip. A little crazy I know. My brother has been tinkering on it to get it up to par.

This weekend he drove it 3 hours to my house with success. He also easily did 60 mph. When he got here, the first thing we did was swap out those baby tires for some 33” Mickey Thompson’s. IMG_5336.jpg IMG_5337.jpg
Looked like plenty of room up front but it would be questionable in the rear. So we loaded up and headed to Tahuya State Forest for some testing.

The Willys did pretty well. It just crawled and creeped over everything with that slant six it has. We did get into the rear fender a few times and we trimmed it when we got back. Here’s a few pictures of the Jeep in action. IMG_5364.jpg IMG_5366.jpg IMG_5379.jpg IMG_5381.jpg IMG_5360.jpg IMG_5362.jpg IMG_5388.jpg IMG_5385.jpg IMG_5389.jpg

Top Bottom