scull20's Build of "Equinso Ocha" (aka White Devil)

Andy5160

Hooked
Spacers installed, leveled everything back out from the weight of the bumper and winch. I got lazy...and didn't have tall enough jack stands to raise the jeep enough for the Axle to droop enough to get the spaced springs back in, so I went out and bought a set of spring compressors. Necessary...no, more dangerous...yes. It did made quick work of the install though.

Sway bar links defeated me. The evo HD links have a threaded portion off of the heim joint that feed through the hole in the sway bar itself...but the hole on my bar is ever so slightly too small for the new links for some odd reason. Attempted to enlarge the hole using a shitty harbor freight drill bit and ended up making the bit smaller as opposed to the hole larger.

In other news, I bought a new echo weed whacker and its total garbage. It's going straight back to Home Depot.

Catching up and sorry to hear about your shaft/s
Which one you're getting?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
scull20's Build of "Equinso Ocha" (aka White Devil)

Honestly ryan, driving around on the flange isn't going to hurt anything so no need to park it. I drove on mine for about two years before I replaced it lol

scull20

Honestly ryan, driving around on the flange isn't going to hurt anything so no need to park it. I drove on mine for about two years before I replaced it lol

I suppose we'll just have to bend it more on the next trip!...I'll tell Nicole we're getting a full-float 60 as a..uh...wedding gift?

JeepJeep75

Spacers installed, leveled everything back out from the weight of the bumper and winch. I got lazy...and didn't have tall enough jack stands to raise the jeep enough for the Axle to droop enough to get the spaced springs back in, so I went out and bought a set of spring compressors. Necessary...no, more dangerous...yes. It did made quick work of the install though.

Sway bar links defeated me. The evo HD links have a threaded portion off of the heim joint that feed through the hole in the sway bar itself...but the hole on my bar is ever so slightly too small for the new links for some odd reason. Attempted to enlarge the hole using a shitty harbor freight drill bit and ended up making the bit smaller as opposed to the hole larger.

In other news, I bought a new echo weed whacker and its total garbage. It's going straight back to Home Depot.

The part about you making the drill bit smaller as opposed to making the hole bigger just kills me. 🤣🤣🤣 maybe it's the 4 or 5 ciders I've had this s evening. [emoji482] Part of the problem is your trying to drill into spring steel, which is the sway bar. Your best bet is to try to get a grinder type of bit in there. Something like a die grinder or a burr type bit. Drilling it is gonna smoke more than a couple brill bits.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

scull20

The part about you making the drill bit smaller as opposed to making the hole bigger just kills me. 🤣🤣🤣 maybe it's the 4 or 5 ciders I've had this s evening. [emoji482] Part of the problem is your trying to drill into spring steel, which is the sway bar. Your best bet is to try to get a grinder type of bit in there. Something like a die grinder or a burr type bit. Drilling it is gonna smoke more than a couple brill bits.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I was laughing on the inside...and cursing on the outside lol. Thanks for the tip, I'll give that a go next time.

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
I had to enlarge the holes on my front sway bar for my Synergy links. That was a real bitch. I was able to do it with one Bosch Cobalt bit though, took about 45 to do both sides.

scull20

Temporary home for my Yeti. Threw some ratchet straps down to one of the cargo loops and one the front seat brackets to hold it down. I may throw a cable and lock on it for when the doors are off to keep the hooligans at bay.

IMG_2938.jpg
IMG_2939.jpg
IMG_2940.jpg

scull20

Brake chirping issue appears to be "resolved", at least for now.

I pulled the caliper and pads earlier to give everything a once over and found that I was missing one of the metal clips that fit into the brake caliper bracket that the pads ride in. After putting a new clip in and cleaning and regreasing everything the brakes are quiet again.

The flange is still bent, but I'll wait until it gets worse and then swap in the shafts I got from Jim.

scull20

New HD front links finally bolted up, and I flipped and and replaced my steering stabilizer with a 'new' OEM one (thanks again WJCO).

IMG_3171.jpg

scull20

Pics to follow from this weekend...

Some "minor" carnage, nothing really crazy. My ProTek crossover skid really needs to get dropped and beaten back into submission. It took some good whacks this weekend. I popped the bushing out of the end of the steering stabilizer that was bolted to the drag link flip bracket. Hinrichs was saying that this happened to him too previously, and he pressed it back in with a vise. I'll work on that later, but I'm thinking that I'm going to add a small spacer to keep the stabilizer parallel with the track bar, and also add a big washer on there to keep the stabilizer from popping off the bushing. Driving home the 2 1/2 hours on the highway was totally fine without the stabilizer. However, driving 15 min around town last night was interesting. I got some minor wobble in the steering wheel a few times...followed by full-blown death wobble after hitting some crappy areas of pavement at about 45 mph. Beyond that I pinched my exhaust shut on the beginning half of Cemetery...I'll be grabbing the quietcrawler set up soon enough.

I also have a video from my GoPro that was suctioned to my windshield with a 3 axis gimbal. Its pretty neat that the camera is stable and you can get a sense for how much movement is going on down below with the Jeep. I'll post that up later as well.

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I did the same washer trick after my bushing popped out that time, still don't really understand how it even happens tho. I also need to do the same on the exhaust skid lol, its against my exhaust now :crazyeyes:

scull20

I did the same washer trick after my bushing popped out that time, still don't really understand how it even happens tho. I also need to do the same on the exhaust skid lol, its against my exhaust now :crazyeyes:

Pressed the bushing back in and bolted the stabilizer back up with an 1 1/2 stainless washer on the outside to keep the stabilizer from popping off again. Pressing the bushing in was more annoying than I thought it was going to be.

In other news, the exhaust loop is contacting the crossmember skid. It might just be time to replace this skid overall. My xfer case skid is bent too.

Top Bottom