scull20's Build of "Equinso Ocha" (aka White Devil)

Ddays

Hooked
That looks really good Ryan - great score! FWIW I really like the JW Speaker fogs. I got a good deal at a 4WD sale. They're plenty bright & fill in nice underneath the TL beams.

Sent from my VS985 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

scull20

IMG_2679.jpg

Evo Rock Stars installed.

...that was a fun day. I've learned that these installs never go as quickly as I try to rationalize them prior to starting.

I also tracked down a rear end squeak to the heim joints on my rear HD links. Silicon spray staves it off for a little while...but I need an endgame solution.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
View attachment 254845

Evo Rock Stars installed.

...that was a fun day. I've learned that these installs never go as quickly as I try to rationalize them prior to starting.

I also tracked down a rear end squeak to the heim joints on my rear HD links. Silicon spray staves it off for a little while...but I need an endgame solution.

They are a pain to install and do take a little longer than you would think.

Maybe they need new heims or just keep using silicon on them. Might just of had some dirt in them

scull20

I'm thinking about going to grab some 0.75" or 1" coil spacers to make up the difference I lost from the winch and bumper.

...assuming I'll need to extend my front bump stops too?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nope shouldn't need to extend them.

I think a 3/4" should be good enough

It's funny but pretty much ALL the advertised 1" coil spacers for some reason have an actual measurement of 3/4" :crazyeyes:

But yes, it should be enough.

scull20

It's funny but pretty much ALL the advertised 1" coil spacers for some reason have an actual measurement of 3/4" :crazyeyes:

But yes, it should be enough.

I snagged a set of 3/4" from amazon. Planning to throw them on this weekend. Thanks for the insight guys!

scull20

Noticed a "chirping" when driving today. Most noticeable when rolling around 15-20 mph. Sounds like it's coming from the rear. It gets faster/slower with speed. Also hear it under acceleration. Stops when pressing the brake both lightly and when firm pressure, when rolling and with foot on the gas.

New Dynatrac ProGrips were added about 1000-1500 miles ago.

I never properly readjusted my brake shoes after getting the brakes on, so they are super loose inside the hat of the rear rotor...could this be a culprit?

...road grime/pebble in between the pads and rotor?

...bent rotor dust shield?

...bent brake pad clips on the caliper?

....bent rear shaft?

I just took it for a spin when everything was cold and didn't hear anything. I'll investigate more tomorrow/Sunday. Anyone else have any insight as to what it may be?

Ddays

Hooked
Might be a stuck brake pad but it could also be a bent flange. Specially the frequency changing when speeding up & slowing down as well as going away when you apply the brakes.I know a guy had that happen to him.

WJCO

Meme King
Sounds like a bent rear shaft but it could be a loose hardware clip or ebrake shoe. Jack up rear pumpkin and drive vehicle in the air, you'll see it wobble if it's bent.

JeepJeep75

You sir, have a bent shaft.[emoji17] don't worry son, it happens to the best of us..... ha! In all seriousness, you have a bent flange. The exact same thing happened to me with the exact same symptoms. I replaced with Revolution shafts. They have a lifetime warranty on both breakage, AND bent flanges. It's a super easy repair if you get the new shaft with bearings and seals.

scull20

You sir, have a bent shaft.[emoji17] don't worry son, it happens to the best of us..... ha! In all seriousness, you have a bent flange. The exact same thing happened to me with the exact same symptoms. I replaced with Revolution shafts. They have a lifetime warranty on both breakage, AND bent flanges. It's a super easy repair if you get the new shaft with bearings and seals.

Thanks for the confirmation. I'll prolly park her for now and recoup some funds and get some new shafts in the near future.

scull20

....in the meantime, coil spacers, Evo HD sway bar links, and a new steering stabilizer (thanks again WJCO)! I swear this jeep is a full-time job, but I love it!

IMG_2727.jpg

Ddays

Hooked

scull20

Spacers installed, leveled everything back out from the weight of the bumper and winch. I got lazy...and didn't have tall enough jack stands to raise the jeep enough for the Axle to droop enough to get the spaced springs back in, so I went out and bought a set of spring compressors. Necessary...no, more dangerous...yes. It did made quick work of the install though.

Sway bar links defeated me. The evo HD links have a threaded portion off of the heim joint that feed through the hole in the sway bar itself...but the hole on my bar is ever so slightly too small for the new links for some odd reason. Attempted to enlarge the hole using a shitty harbor freight drill bit and ended up making the bit smaller as opposed to the hole larger.

In other news, I bought a new echo weed whacker and its total garbage. It's going straight back to Home Depot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom