Any metalheads on WOL?

RedPool

He was very talented. Im not sure if this link will work, if it doesnt just watch him sing "Nothing Compares To You" written by Prince, and originally performed by Sinead O'Connor. Chris Cornell blows Sinead out of the water with his version.

Say hello to heaven!

He has done quite a few covers that are outstanding. There are many talented artists are out there but few have such a wide range of abilities. His passing is a big loss to the music industry. So many talented artists are out there but few have such a wide range of abilities.

gheller

He has done quite a few covers that are outstanding. There are many talented artists are out there but few have such a wide range of abilities. His passing is a big loss to the music industry. So many talented artists are out there but few have such a wide range of abilities.

Awesome!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Wow. Didn't see this coming.

IMG_20170720_150311_213.jpg

Linkin Park is my all-time favorite band. They revolutionized music known as 'Rap Metal.' For those of you who know me personally, you know I have flames tattooed on my forearms. All through my younger years, I was not a fan of tattoos, nor did I ever think I would get one. However when I saw Chester sing with his flames, I said to myself, "If I ever get a tattoo, these will be the first ones I get." Low and behold, years later, these indeed were the first tattoos I got. May sound corny, but that's what I did. This is a real disappointment. RIP, Chester. You will be missed.

For those who aren't familiar with them, you've probably heard a TON of their songs. One of there most popular:

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug

View attachment 269002

Linkin Park is my all-time favorite band. They revolutionized music known as 'Rap Metal.' For those of you who know me personally, you know I have flames tattooed on my forearms. All through my younger years, I was not a fan of tattoos, nor did I ever think I would get one. However when I saw Chester sing with his flames, I said to myself, "If I ever get a tattoo, these will be the first ones I get." Low and behold, years later, these indeed were the first tattoos I got. May sound corny, but that's what I did. This is a real disappointment. RIP, Chester. You will be missed.

For those who aren't familiar with them, you've probably heard a TON of their songs. One of there most popular:

Oh man! What a bummer. One of my favorites as well.

Oh shit, I didn't even see this. Linkin Park is one of my favorites too...I saw them 3 times on the Warped Tours. Some of my favorite stuff they did was collaborations with Jay Z and the such. Chester and Chris Cornell back to back. Sad couple months for music...

WJCO

Meme King
Oh shit, I didn't even see this. Linkin Park is one of my favorites too...I saw them 3 times on the Warped Tours. Some of my favorite stuff they did was collaborations with Jay Z and the such. Chester and Chris Cornell back to back. Sad couple months for music...

Today would have been Chris Cornell's birthday. Wonder if the two were related.

Today would have been Chris Cornell's birthday. Wonder if the two were related.

I'm sure there's a correlation between the two. They were really good buddies, performed together, and CC's death hit Chester really hard. I'm sure there was other factors in play, but hard to overlook the two. That's crazy, I didn't realize it was Cornell's birthday today. Crazy stuff.

Napalm

View attachment 269002

Man.. wow. This is the first I'm hearing of this!!! Linkin Park was one of my favorite bands growing up and one of the main reasons I got into rock and metal.

I used to watch the Live in Texas DVD over and over again. My personal favorites were Hybrid Theory and Meteora.

RIP Chester Bennington.

Last edited:

Napalm

I'm sure there's a correlation between the two. They were really good buddies, performed together, and CC's death hit Chester really hard. I'm sure there was other factors in play, but hard to overlook the two. That's crazy, I didn't realize it was Cornell's birthday today. Crazy stuff.

I just caught up on the news and saw he took his own life. Just awful man.

I just caught up on the news and saw he took his own life. Just awful man.

It's really sad when you think about these things. We can never understand what it's like to have clinical depression which leads to drug abuse like a lot of what happens with these artists. Sometimes they try as hard as they can with help from family and friends to get clean and turn things around; and actually succeed like Chris Cornell and Chester did. Then one relapse, and that artist believes that the struggle to get clean again just isn't worth the trouble it took them the first time. That's what I really believe happened with Chris Cornell...and maybe had some play with Chester too. Really sad stuff man.

RCVRY

It's really sad when you think about these things. We can never understand what it's like to have clinical depression which leads to drug abuse like a lot of what happens with these artists. Sometimes they try as hard as they can with help from family and friends to get clean and turn things around; and actually succeed like Chris Cornell and Chester did. Then one relapse, and that artist believes that the struggle to get clean again just isn't worth the trouble it took them the first time. That's what I really believe happened with Chris Cornell...and maybe had some play with Chester too. Really sad stuff man.
You're absolutely right, and it happens everyday. I've seen a close friend, two family members, and a few acquaintances fall to mental health and substance abuse in the same manner.
Keeping those who've passed and those still suffering in my prayers.

Sent from my SM-G930T using WAYALIFE mobile app

Chris1015

I used to work security over summer at an amphitheatre in Illinois and the night. I got to work right next to center stage for an L.P. show one night, it was great. Their music always made it on playlists for batting practice in college too. Sad to hear this.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

View attachment 269002

I am totally heartbroken. Been to see them many times and they are hands down one of my favorite bands of all time.

Top Bottom